Home Forums WoodMart support forum Slider Revolution not updating

Slider Revolution not updating

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

vikas_vv
    Participant

I have recently updated the theme and everything else seems to working fine. But the slider revolution keeps on saying that a update is pending.

When I go to Woodmart->Plugins and click on Update under Revolution Slider, it loads but the version remains the same, 6.6.10.

When I try to update using Dashboard-> Updates; it says this:

An error occurred while updating Slider Revolution: Update package not available.

Can you please help me understand why is this happening.

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us with your admin access. We will log in and check what is wrong there. You can leave only the following plugins that are required for our theme:
    WoodMart core
    WooCommerce
    Elementor/WPBakery page builder

Thank you in advance

vikas_vv
    Participant

Actaully I would have to ask my network administator about that as he has added some authentication and if you need to access the backend, that it has to be disabled during that time. So please give me 24 hours to do that.

Also, can you please share with me the possible reasons for that as this is the first time I saw this issue and I am curious.

By the way, can we update it through FTP?

I can download the plugin from the downloads section for my license from the latest Woodmart theme update.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sure, you can download the plugin in your account on our website and update it manually via Dashboard -> Plugins -> Add new.

Kind Regards

vikas_vv
    Participant

So I was able to upload it to 6.6.13 but now I am seeing a new update is available for slider revolution version 6.6.14.

So after the manual update to recent version, now the issue comes for the next version.

Let me arrange providing you the admin details.

Thanks for your prompt response.

vikas_vv
    Participant

Hi,

We have disabled the 2 way authentication now. So you should be able to access the backend now.

Can you please look into it as soon as possible?

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, disable all external plugins that are not related to our theme and send us your FTP access so we can check why the auto-update function doesn’t work for you.

Kind Regards

vikas_vv
    Participant

Sure. I have disabled all the plugins that are not related to theme. FTP details are added.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we can see, you didn’t disable all plugins. Please, keep them temporarily turned off.

vikas_vv
    Participant

I have asked my network admin to create a copy of the website. I had to do it as there are plugins that require configuations to be setup.

So if you can figure out the issue on the dev site. We can simply add the fix to the live one.

Please give me some time to have the dev site ready for you.

I really appreciate your support and patience on this.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks

vikas_vv
    Participant

We have created a copy of the website that can be accessed here:

https://testing.teamscallingaustralia.com.au/

We have disabled all the plugins that are not related to the theme. The only one active are:

Elementor

Woodmart Core

WooCommerce

Slider Revolution

WPBakery Page Builder

Please feel free to disable these plugins as well if you need to.

Once you fix the issue, we can simply add the same fix to the live site.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We have updated the plugin on this website. The workaround is to delete the plugin first and then install the latest version via WoodMart -> Plugins.

Kind Regards

vikas_vv
    Participant

Thank you for that.

But I was more interested in knowing why it happened so that we can avoid this in the future.Because we can not do that whenever an update comes from Revolution slider.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We can’t find the reason for that, unfortunately. Something changes the plugin’s archive URL and we can’t identify what exactly. We didn’t experience similar issues before.

Kind Regards

vikas_vv
    Participant

Oh okay. Thanks for your help.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are always welcome.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Slider Revolution not updating’ is closed to new replies.