Home Forums Basel – Premium Template Some words have not been translated after using POEDIT

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Elise Noromit Elise Noromit 5 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Bamboon
    Customer

Hello,

I have used POEDIT to translate the child template but I can notice that some words were not translated. How it can be ? What did I miss ? You can check on the quick view or in my account (the button close isnt translated). And some more…
    Also, I can notice that some text that I succeed to translate on desktop, are not translated on the mobile version (page my account) or in the menu. Should I do something special to translate also the mobile part ?

Thank you for your help,

Lorene

Private Content Hidden

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

You would better using the free Loco Translate plugin. You can translate all theme and plugin texts via PO file in WordPress. Here is a video tutorial that should help you translate your website texts with a Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgKKv0oexGHzpWBg1imvrval&index=3

You should translate the parent theme not the child.

Best Regards

Bamboon
    Customer

Hello,
    I have checked : the plugin Loco Translate is already activated.
    I’ve tried to translate “quick view” and this word is already translated in french in the back office (I have translated it with Poedit before). When I’ve clicked “save” this text error message appear :

Error: {“data”:{“locale”:”fr-FR”,”pobytes”:235197,”poname”:”fr_FR.po”,”modified”:1570637925,”datetime”:”9 October 2019 18 h 18 min”,”mobytes”:10309},”notices”:[{“code”:0,”type”:”success”,”class”:”Loco_error_Success”,”title”:”OK”,”message”:”PO file saved and MO file compiled”}]}. Check console output for debugging information

What should I do ? Where is this problem coming from ?

Thank you for your help !

Lorene

Private Content Hidden

Bamboon
    Customer

[UPDATE] Please note that the translation has worked !
    But I still have a problem to translate the word “close” from mobile, when you click on the menu button > “se connecter”.

– if you can gently help me on this
    – and explain to me what is this text error message ?
    – also, as I translated it from the parent template, when I will update the template or the plugin, will I need to translate again ? Why I am not translating from the child template ? I have read on forums that I need to translate on the child template so I can keep all the translation

Many thanks !!! 😀

Lorene

Private Content Hidden

Hello,

Please provide the site admin access to the private area.

Best Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.