Home Forums Basel support forum Some words have not been translated after using POEDIT

Some words have not been translated after using POEDIT

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Bamboon
    Participant

Hello,

I have used POEDIT to translate the child template but I can notice that some words were not translated. How it can be ? What did I miss ? You can check on the quick view or in my account (the button close isnt translated). And some more…
    Also, I can notice that some text that I succeed to translate on desktop, are not translated on the mobile version (page my account) or in the menu. Should I do something special to translate also the mobile part ?

Thank you for your help,

Lorene

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

You would better using the free Loco Translate plugin. You can translate all theme and plugin texts via PO file in WordPress. Here is a video tutorial that should help you translate your website texts with a Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgKKv0oexGHzpWBg1imvrval&index=3

You should translate the parent theme not the child.

Best Regards

Bamboon
    Participant

Hello,
    I have checked : the plugin Loco Translate is already activated.
    I’ve tried to translate “quick view” and this word is already translated in french in the back office (I have translated it with Poedit before). When I’ve clicked “save” this text error message appear :

Error: {“data”:{“locale”:”fr-FR”,”pobytes”:235197,”poname”:”fr_FR.po”,”modified”:1570637925,”datetime”:”9 October 2019 18 h 18 min”,”mobytes”:10309},”notices”:[{“code”:0,”type”:”success”,”class”:”Loco_error_Success”,”title”:”OK”,”message”:”PO file saved and MO file compiled”}]}. Check console output for debugging information

What should I do ? Where is this problem coming from ?

Thank you for your help !

Lorene

Bamboon
    Participant

[UPDATE] Please note that the translation has worked !
    But I still have a problem to translate the word “close” from mobile, when you click on the menu button > “se connecter”.

– if you can gently help me on this
    – and explain to me what is this text error message ?
    – also, as I translated it from the parent template, when I will update the template or the plugin, will I need to translate again ? Why I am not translating from the child template ? I have read on forums that I need to translate on the child template so I can keep all the translation

Many thanks !!! 😀

Lorene

Hello,

Please provide the site admin access to the private area.

Best Regards

Bamboon
    Participant

sorry for late late answers… here the access
    Just to remind, if you can help me translating the word “CLOSE” for closing the window on mobile menu, after clicking on sign in / log in.

Hello,

The mobile menu does not have any button to close. You can close the mobile button by clicking a menu item or any place on the page.

It seems that you have an outdated basel/languages/basel.pot file. You need to get it from the latest update and then click on “Sync” button.

Best Regards

Bamboon
    Participant

Hello,

I mean , when you open the mobile menu and then click on ” Se connecter ” , on the right corner, it’s written “close” instead of “fermer”.

It seems that you have an outdated basel/languages/basel.pot file. You need to get it from the latest update and then click on “Sync” button.

Oh maybe that is why I have a message error after clicking register on loco translate on wp backoffice. Please explain to me this part “You need to get it from the latest update” : how can I do that ?

When I reach the servor by ftp, I can see 2 doc called “…backup” : should I delete them ?

Thank you,

Lorene

Hello,

Do not delete any backups and contact the host support on these files. The theme does not create any backups that is why I cannot tell you the origin of these backups.

Find the file basel/languages/basel.pot in the recent theme version folder and upload in the same folder

If you need help, please provide your FTP access I will upload.

Best Regards

Bamboon
    Participant

Hello,

“Find the file basel/languages/basel.pot in the recent theme version folder and upload in the same folder” –> Do you mean upload new version of basel template, then go to the file basel/languages/basel.pot in the BASEL PARENT theme and upload it in the same folder ?

Please let me know if you can translate the word “close” into “fermer” : in the mobile menu, when you click on the burger menu and then click on ” Se connecter ” , on the right corner, it’s written “close” instead of “fermer”.

Thank you for your help,

Lorene

Hello,

Synchronize the translation and find the “Close” button. https://prnt.sc/q8oh63

You do not need to change the whole theme. You need to upload the recent PO file and synchronize the translation.

I mean close button for the shopping cart. The mobile menu does not have any close buttons.

Best Regards

Bamboon
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve just acceed the FTP and went to basel/languages/basel.pot in the recent theme version folder and I upload it in the same folder. I had a message that says that it has upload with succes. Is it all I needed to do ?

Bamboon
    Participant

In the wp dashboard, I still have this message error :

Erreur : {“data”:{“authed”:true,”valid”:[],”creds”:[],”method”:”direct”,”success”:”Connect\u00e9 au syst\u00e8me de fichier distant”,”warning”:”Les modifications apport\u00e9es \u00e0 ce fichier peuvent \u00eatre \u00e9cras\u00e9es ou supprim\u00e9es lors de la mise \u00e0 jour de WordPress”}}. Vérifiez la console pour des informations de débogage

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please send us a screenshot of the word on your website that you still can’t translate? Also, send us a screenshot where you placed a translated file and another one from Poedit interface where you don’t see that word.

As for the error, it seems to be a problem with Loco Translate or conflict with some of the installed plugins. You still can translate it with Poedit.

Kind Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)