Home Forums WoodMart support forum Sticky header flickers

Sticky header flickers

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

MoeMauphie
    Participant

Sure, I’ll do that now.

MoeMauphie
    Participant

Here is the video: https://youtu.be/IAHhFbIl8pg The problem is still there.

The fix doesn’t take effect, because the header now creates a clone markup for the sticky header. As far as I remember It didn’t create one on this specific layout until yesterday, did you change anything?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

No, we didn’t change the header layout. You can change it in Theme Settings -> Header -> Header layout. Or you want to keep this one?

MoeMauphie
    Participant

I think we need a fix that works on all layouts. BTW the fix you provided doesn’t work on the current layout too.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But may we start from some main layout that will be used on your website? Since some headers may work differently and may require different fixes.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please check how it works now? We have added a fix to the Custom CSS.

MoeMauphie
    Participant

WHAT A RELIEF!

Problem eventually solved. Thank you a lot, guys.

As I’ve gathered we have two types of header, one creates a clone markup and the other one uses the real header, right? Now there’s absolutely no blinking with the one that uses the real header, but there’s a minor issue with the search overlay, when I enabled the topbar, and when the sticky header is not active there’s a gap between the header the overlay, please check the attached file.

I also hope you come up with some css for the other type of header (the clone version) and also other fixed elements we have across the theme.

Many Many thanks,
    Moe

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We are glad to find a solution. We corrected the search gap as well.

Yes, there are two different types of the sticky header and we will try to find some general solution for all our headers as well as for other sticky elements in our future updates.

Kind Regards

MoeMauphie
    Participant

Hi there,

Although the sticky header is very good and consistent now, it sporadically becomes laggy and conflicts with the topbar, it doesn’t happen ALWAYS and I can’t tell you how to reproduce it, but it mostly happens when you’re scrolling up and reach the transition point and then the top bar doesn’t reappear. Please find the attached file to see what I mean.(Tested in Safari)

One another thing that, in my money, could be related to this problem happens on Chrome browser (Android); Try scrolling up on chrome mobile and you’ll see a short pause before the top bar shows up. I thought these might be related to each other.

I haven’t changed the User and PW so you can log into the admin panel with the previous credentials.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have fixed the problem on the desktop. But on we can’t do this on mobile devices since the browser works a bit differently and scroll events are not the same as on desktop. This pause may appear but it happens on other websites with the same principle as well. Unfortunately, we can’t do nothing there.

Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)