Home Forums WoodMart support forum Sticky sidebar on shop pages

Sticky sidebar on shop pages

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

hamster2116
    Participant

Hi, I noticed Woodmart does not come with a sticky sidebar for desktop layout of product archives. This is disappointing, as this is the type of thing I expect from an ecommerce theme at this pricepoint.
    This could be very useful to put filters in the sidebar, that way when users scroll through a lot of products, they can easily filter items.
    I have 200+ products in some categories and the preferred pagination is Load More.
    Now when you load more, and the products filter are far away on the top of the page, this a bad user experience.
    Is there a workaround or code, to enable sticky sidebar?

hamster2116
    Participant

Update: I sort of found a way to create a sticky side bar in Elementor setting Xtemos Extra Sticky Column. See screenshot. It works nicely, but when a filter item is selected i.e. color, the column becomes un-sticky. You can view on my page below. Please advise.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

WoodMart theme provides a hidden sidebar instead. Please have a look at the demo: https://woodmart.xtemos.com/shop/?opt=hidden_sidebar

You can configure this sidebar in the Theme Settings > Product Archives > Sidebar

WoodMart supports, however, do not influence the functionality of the builder.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

hamster2116
    Participant

Thanks for the fast reply, yes I have some more questions.

I followed the documentation for off canvas sidebar and build a custom layout, enabled for mobile/tablet/desktop. I also enabled mobile bottom navbar with off canvas button.
    The problem is, with my custom layout, there is no “Filter” label on the mobile navbar.

hamster2116
    Participant

Attached some more screenshots for clarification
    Only when I go back to default layout, the filter icon appears on mobile bottom navbar. I installed a Woodmart demo in subdirectory of my site and looked at all the settings and copied them, yet I can’t get it to work on my custom product archive layout. I build the off canvas sidebar correctly (two columns, one is sidebar, other content with button).

Attachments:

Hello,

I am a bit confused: do you want to show the filter in the mobile navbar or you do not?

Best Regards

hamster2116
    Participant

Yes I would like to show the “Filter” icon in the mobile navbar. When I use default layout, it works. When I use my own custom layout where I build an off-canvas sidebar it doesn’t work ( = the filter icon is not showing in the navbar). Attached:
    my custom built layout with off canvas sidebar
    you can see there is no filter icon in the navbar.
    It only appears when I go back to default layout.
    Also I included screenshot of the mobile products archive layout I build in Elementor.
    Please let me know what I can do to show the filter icon in the mobile navbar on my custom layout.

Attachments:

Hello,

Please insert the site admin access into the Private content below the message area. We will take a closer look at the case.

Best Regards

hamster2116
    Participant

inserted info below

hamster2116
    Participant

some additional info

Attachments:

Hello,

The layout would not have a sticky sidebar.

You need to add the filter widget to the menu to show it.

Woocommerce attribute filters would not work in layout, you will need to add the custom filters: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/how-to-create-filters-form/

Best Regards

hamster2116
    Participant

I switched to custom content filter but there is still no filter icon in the mobile bottom navbar. Please advise.

“You need to add the filter widget to the menu to show it.”

What do you mean by that? What menu?

I built a custom layout with hidden sidebar that contains the filter, but there is no icon in the mobile navbar. Is this only working with default layout?

Thanks in advance for your help.

hamster2116
    Participant

Please can you explain what I need to do do have a filter icon in the mobile bottom navbar? I read the documentation but I just don’t understand this.

hamster2116
    Participant

Okay nevermind, I decided I don’t need to use the mobile navbar right now. The issue is still not resolved for me, but at the moment I don’t need any further help. When I do I’ll contact support again.

Hello,

Best Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sticky sidebar on shop pages’ is closed to new replies.