Home Forums WoodMart support forum Strange bug affecting search bar, ajax search and submenu height

Strange bug affecting search bar, ajax search and submenu height

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ryan.cain
    Participant

Hi there,

I am getting a strange bug happening around 50% of the time on page loads when browsing my website that uses the Woodmart theme.

On 50% of page loads… the search magnifying icon disappears and instead places a text button below the search box which knocks out the alignment…

At the same time when this happens, the AJAX search results are displaying off-screen to the left.

And then also at the same time, the HTML boxes for submenus on the categories menu are displaying full height when I have set heights for them.

Please see the attachment.

Not sure what is causing this.

Cheers
    Ryan

• This topic was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by ryan.cain.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

Please deactivate all the plugins except these ones:

Slider Revolution
    WPBakery Page Builder or Elementor
    Woodmart Core
    Contact Form 7
    MailChimp for WordPress
    WooCommerce
    Safe SVG

If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

In case, the problem remains, even after all the plugins are deactivated, provide your site admin access (insert the site credentials into the Private content block under the message area) and confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, switching to the parent or default theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

ryan.cain
    Participant

I have tried but even when I deactivate all plugins I’m still getting the problem where the submenu is the full height of the slider rather than the specified height.

Attachments:

Hello,

This menu item is not changed, unfortunately.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

ryan.cain
    Participant

I am sorry but you haven’t made any sense here or addressed the issue or provided any help.

For some reason in your theme, the menu height and search icon are bugging out as you can see in the photo I attached.

I have turned off all plugins and am still getting this problem as explained above.

Surely as you made the theme you know it isn’t supposed to behave like this.

So please can you help me with this glitch.

Thanks.

ryan.cain
    Participant

Also, the search results get pushed off-screen when this glitch happens as you can see in the attached photo.

Attachments:

Hello,

Please update the theme to the recent version and update the plugins in Appearance > Install plugins.

Then update the plugins in the Dashboard > Plugisn.

I have deactivated plugins and disabled your custom CSS in the Theme Settings. It works and looks properly: https://gyazo.com/841093fff4c7f66189a852c54d15459d

Please do the same and if the menu problem remains, provide the actions step by step to reproduce.

Best Regards

ryan.cain
    Participant

Hi,

In your screen capture video… the white space that I have circled is still appearing.

How do I stop these from being full-height like this… I believe there is a min-height 100% defined somewhere but I can’t find it to edit it.

See attachment.

Attachments:

Hello,

This mega menu block always has a fixed height and taking into consideration little content in this block, the block has this gap.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)