Home Forums WoodMart support forum Styling issues, Shop Side Bar Issues

Styling issues, Shop Side Bar Issues

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

K1W1
    Participant

Hi I am having some issues when editing Woodmart content and also with the shopping cart sidebar. When editing/creating content I have encountered several issues recently.
    1. Firstly after some time, the cart sidebar corrupts (this has happened before). I cannot tell you exactly when this happens as one time i look at it it is ok then at some point it loses its styling/corrupts?

2. Recently I open the editor (Elementor) and what I see in the editor (which seems to lose some styling?) is not what I see on the front end?. I have also noticed after editing for a while the info popups for values won’t disappear after you move the mouse, they stay on the screen which is rather annoying.

3. When editing content and I select e.g different margins, padding, etc, each time I have selected different screen sizes, for instance, each time I go to select another screen size the editor closes and I have to then select the element again to change another setting?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Your cart widget comes from the “Elementor” plugin, hence for disabling it navigate to Dashboard -> Elementor -> Settings -> Integration -> set “disable” for the “Mini Cart template” option.

https://gyazo.com/f5ad974b0d8101784134db8686687b91

2. In the “Background Overlay” settings you don’t have defined the “opacity” value, after increasing it the “Background Overlay” will appear in the Elementor builder.

https://monosnap.com/file/XgJq1ztd74s8QTfq5ZrHEalT9JyJ0X

https://gyazo.com/2bee1f54cc223b6903ac59e0cf0d6edd

3. May I request you to check this issue on the default WordPress theme just to check whether the issue is with our theme or not.

Kind Regards

K1W1
    Participant

Hi, I have been testing and making the changes you requested. I still have the same issues. After making the changes you suggested the shopping cart did regain its styling. The issue with:

3. When editing content and I select e.g different margins, padding, etc, each time I have selected different screen sizes, for instance, each time I go to select another screen size the editor closes and I have to then select the element again to change another setting?

2. In the “Background Overlay” settings you don’t have defined the “opacity” value, after increasing it the “Background Overlay” will appear in the Elementor builder. I did this and saved but still doesn’t work when re-entering the editor the change is not reflected (but ok on viewing the front end)

Another issue that has occurred is that every time I save a change the ‘shopping cart’ sidebar or ‘ shopping widget popup’ opens?

I tried changing to the default theme but doesn’t make any difference? What am I doing wrong?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

K1W1
    Participant

Please feel free to make any changes you like as this is a ‘staging site’ and hence for testing, and I have made a full backup.

K1W1
    Participant

Just an update for you. To try and figure out what is going on I have completely built two further sites (over the last 2 weeks) I am trying to find out why this is happening before I make the site live for the customer. Although it doesn’t seem to be an issue on the front end it is rather frustrating when editing :o).

Both sites I started with clean installs and both sites including the most recent (1 day ago) have the same issue. Currently, the new build seemed to be working ok until I added a couple of Elementor popups? It is then that the shopping cart widget/sidebar pops up when the editing issue started.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

2. I have checked the issue with the “Background Overlay” on the default theme and the results are the same as on our theme, it means that this issue is related to the Elementor itself. Please try to contact their support team to solve the problem further.

3. I would like to inform you that we need more time to find the solution to this issue. Kindly accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you, we will do our best to solve this problem as soon as possible.

As for the shopping cart widget, it’s our bug and we feel terrible about this mistake so we will fix it in the next update.

I do hope you would remain as our valued customer and thank you for your time.

Kind Regards

K1W1
    Participant

Great! I thought I was doing something wrong!

2. Yea I will contact Elementor about this issue (at least the front end isn’t affected!)

3. Yes makes it rather slow to build and with the side cart popping up all the time as well as the editors ‘info bubbles’ sometimes staying on-screen and covering settings you want to change, it makes for a rather frustrating and time-consuming build :o). But so glad you guys are ‘on to it’ Thanks. I will have to release this site at the end of the month but as it doesn’t really affect the functionality of the front end it should be ok.
    I will just not teach the company ‘how to edit’ until its sorted:o)

Since I have discovered Woodmart as a premium solution for e-commerce I think I’ll be your customer for a very long time! Love your Work!

What would be really cool is if (like elementor etc.) when you choose to import templates when editing is that you could actually import full pages or just blocks/elements. You guys have all those great demo pages but they are only all accessible if you import the ‘dummy content’ 70x times haha! Make for a very messy website!

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

3. As for the crashes of the editor when selecting a screen size, it will be also fixed in the next update.

You can import different blocks and elements by clicking on the “XTemos Templates” button in the Elementor (more information in the below video).

https://monosnap.com/file/cIfrtWCnn8YXVSmTrJbVr9fBHxDEUe

We count ourselves lucky to have you as a customer.

Kind Regards

K1W1
    Participant

Seems all fixed now, Please close this Ticket and thank you for the updates that have now resolved this ticket :o)

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

We will appreciate it if you can refer your friends or family members to become a part of our Xtemos family.

Wish you all the best.

Kind Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Styling issues, Shop Side Bar Issues’ is closed to new replies.