Home Forums WoodMart support forum swatches not acting as expected

swatches not acting as expected

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

pixelfunk
    Participant

Hi hoping someone might know where im going wrong here

Question 1 – Im having some issues with the swatches variables.
    I have a colour attribute set up, which works fine, the swatch shows underneath the product on the shop page and when clicked shows the corresponding product…but if the default (parent?) image is a pink dress, but i click the swatch to choose a blue dress for example, when i click through to the single product page it defaults back to the pink dress…is there a way to click through to the option chosen via the swatch tab? eg the blue dress instead of pink – see image 1 for reference

Question 2 – On the single product page…unless a size variation is selected, clicking the swatches does nothing. If i chose a size variation, or set the ‘Default Form Values’ in the variations tab to any size, the colour swatches work as expected. Is there a way to fix this so it will still change products via the swatch without having to chose a size variation first? – see images 2 and 3 for reference

any help is much appreciated

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

01. When you select the color swatch in the grid for Example “Red” and click on Add to cart button. It will not go to a single product page . Instead of It will add products in the cart. Same on your site when clicking on the black color and clicking on the select options button and choosing the size and the product is added to the cart.

02. The WooCommerce default behavior is when we select both variations like size and color then the variation price and image will be changed. It is not possible with one variation selection.

Best Regards.

pixelfunk
    Participant

Hi thanks for the quick reply.

01. Im not sure if you understood what i was meaning. It wasnt an issue with adding to the cart, just the click through product going to default. For example…on the shop page…i see there is a pink dress, underneath the pink dress is the swatches of other available colours….i click the black swatch, this changes the image / thumbnail to the black dress…i then click on that black dress thumbnail and it takes me to the product page for that dress, but it has reverted back to the pink dress now. Is there anyway that if i click the black dress, it opens up the product page and remembers it was the black swatch i clicked rather than reverting to the default pink dress?

02. Ok i understand, i’ll set the default size in the back end, not a major issue

Hello,
    Sorry to say there are no options in theme settings to achieve this. Such modification requires complicated Woocommerce code customization which is not covered by our support. Try to use a quick shop option for variable products.

It is the default WooCommerce functionality. You can check with the default theme to understand this functionality.

Best Regards.

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)