Home Forums WoodMart support forum Theme compatibility with Imagify Webp images

Theme compatibility with Imagify Webp images

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Dear,

I use Imagify to generate webp images but when I tried it on staging, it didn’t show the images from the product gallery on product page.

I contacted Imagify and they’re telling me that it’s caused by theme. Can you please check this staging in private and tell me what’s your answer? After testing I indeed see that it’s a woodmart theme issue because with TwentyTwenty it works fine.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

It seems that this plugin is not fully compatible with our theme. It doesn’t replace all img tags with pictures. Sorry, but we don’t have a workaround for this. We will consider this improvement for our future updates.

Best Regards.

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Hi Aizaz,

I don’t really consider it as an improvement. This is a real theme problem which shall be addressed with priority. Most websites nowadays use webp formats, so Woodmart should be compatible with this too.

As for the plugin itself, Imagify is from the same company as WP Rocket, which is maybe the most well-known caching plugin for WordPress.

Also, note that it works very well with default WordPress theme like TwentyTwenty as you saw on my staging, so if TwentyTwenty is compatible, Woodmart should have been already compatible.

Thanks

Hello,

Yes, we already added this in our to do list. It will be fixed in our theme update. Thanks for pointing out. Your suggestions help us to make our theme more efficient.

Best Regards.

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Dear,

I updated the theme to the latest version 4.4.0 in which you’ve added the fix with alt images but the problem mentioned initially in this ticket is still occuring.

I made sure to clear all cache, remove plugins and switch to parent theme, deleted all customizations.

See video in private.

Thanks

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Staging

Hello,

Actually, we didn’t fix anything related to this issue in our theme update yet and didn’t mention this in our changelog. We will try to consider this in the near future coming release of theme.

Best Regards.

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Hi,

Please consider this in the coming update, it’s very important.

It’s blocking me completely from using webp format images on my site => so it prevents me from increasing my site’s performance

Thanks

melvisnap
    Participant

This could be great.

Hello

@Gevcen we will try to add this in our top priorities.

@melvisnap thanks for your suggestion.

Best Regards.

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Dear,

Any update on this issue? You said you’ll add this in your top prioties but it’s been more than 6 months past, and no changes yet.

So far, I tested again the display of webp images from Imagify and it’s still not working on Product Pages => main image of the gallery does not load

Please take this as high priority, it’s an important problem
    Thanks

Hello,

I have already marked your request as a feature request and forwarded it to the development department. And as I mentioned I can’t promise that it will be added to the theme but if the development theme considers this to be added to the theme then it will be added in the near future coming update of the theme.

Let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you! You can always reach us at any time. We are always here to help you. Because please note that a theme cannot satisfy all requirements as it may occur theme heaviness. Sometimes it may require your own customization. So if the development department finds it fit with the theme environment then surely they will look through it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Have a wonderful day.

Best Regards.

brgreene
    Participant

I would like to request this support also. I use imagify as well.

Hello,

@brgreene
    We have already marked your request as a feature request and forwarded it to the development department. And as I mentioned I can’t promise that it will be added to the theme but if the development theme considers this to be added to the theme then it will be added in the near future coming update of the theme.

Let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you! You can always reach us at any time. We are always here to help you. Because please note that a theme cannot satisfy all requirements as it may occur theme heaviness. Sometimes it may require your own customization. So if the development department finds it fit with the theme environment then surely they will look through it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Have a wonderful day.

Best Regards.

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Dear,

Over a year has passed now and still no sign of changes on this topic. In the meantime, 2 users have showed their interests in this too in this thread (and therefore we suppose there must be many more too). What’s the status on this improvement ?

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

There is a workaround to use this plugin with our theme. You can use the “rewrite method” that doesn’t override the actual HTML code. Try to enable it and test how it works https://imagify.io/documentation/how-to-check-if-webp-image-is-displayed-on-your-site/

Kind Regards

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Imagify states :

“The first option adds rewrite rules in the site configuration file (.htaccess) and does not alter the code of your pages. However, this does not work with a CDN.

The second option replaces tags with <picture> tags. This is the recommended solution but some themes can break, so make sure everything is working fine.”

I’m using Cloudflare so this first option (which you suggest I use) cannot be applicable in my case. Therefore, this unfortunately doesn’t answer the problem.

Attachments:

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Hi Artem,

Can you check my last answer on this?

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have contacted the Imagify plugin developer about this. Unfortunately, there is no 100% solution to this. But we will add support for this and just exclude webp images in some non-compatible places. For now, it is just on the single product page since it doesn’t work with WooCommerce if you use the <picture> tag.

Kind Regards

veptune
    Participant

I have exactly the same issue (and as I use CDN, I can’t use the “rewrite” option)

Any workaround ?

I also think it is a critical issue ;(

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

@veptune

It was supposed to be solved in 6.0.0, haven’t tested yet

Attachments:
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Theme compatibility with Imagify Webp images’ is closed to new replies.