Home Forums WoodMart support forum theme translation is missing on some pages after updating

theme translation is missing on some pages after updating

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

office-2975
    Participant

hi and thank you for a great theme
    i translated a lot of string of the theme with loco translate- and it worked good until i updated the theme
    some of the pages – like product categories \ brands archive are not showing the translation and falling back to the original language ENGLISH
    at start loco sync button was warning “pot file is missing- falling back to original” warning (cant recall the exact words) -only on the child theme in loco after i uploaded the new pot file to both master theme and child its now saving and letting me press “sync” but still not showing the translation– you can see it on the search bar and when hover on the Wishlist and compare buttons (on archives its showing the original English titles \ and other pages its showing in Hebrew as i translated)
    so
    i tried deleting the whole language in loco and replacing pot file with new file- and then uploading the po file
    but failed to fix it
    now sync and save is working as expected (without warnings afterwards) but the translation is not showing on those pages

what can i do more to fix it?

thanks !

Hello,

Please restore your site from the backup, I do hope you have it.

Then save the translation file properly as shown in the video tutorial that should help you translate your website texts with a Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgKKv0oexGHzpWBg1imvrval&index=3

As soon as you save the file, update the theme again.

Best Regards

office-2975
    Participant

hi and thank you for the answer
    unfortunately I cannot go beck up before the update.
    when you say “save the translation file properly as shown in the video” you mean to save it as other – in the path =
    languages/themes/woodmart…..

will it be helpful to delete the language translations in loco and reinstall it as shown – then reinstall woodmart theme?
    or maybe installing a earlier version of woodmart \ and then updating it again ?
    i do have a backup of the PO file of the translation and the .pot file of woodmart

thanks

Hello,

You do not need to reinstall anything if you have an earlier backup, restore it on a testing domain, take the translation file and save it correctly, and then add missing strings.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

office-2975
    Participant

thanks
    ok i have the backup files and i can install it on a test domain
    but can you please tell me more and instruct me on what exactly to save and do after in the live site?

1. i open new domain with backup before updating
    2. on that site- the Hebrew translation is already installed under “costume” in the loco installation
    so what should i do ?

how can i install the file if its already installed in another location?
    i need to delete it and recreate it?
    i dont mind translating all the strings all over again if its working correctly and will effect the strings

please be more specific on what to do
    thank you

i have the po translation file woodmart-he_IL.po from loco in the backup

Hello,

As soon as you restore the backup, save the file like this https://prnt.sc/DE0jOPb16ySr

Then enter FTP take this file, save on your PC.

Then update the theme and save the file of the translation in the same way.

Upload your saved on-PC file into your site in the same folder, actually, replace the empty file with your one.

Best Regards

office-2975
    Participant

hi thank you
    so just to be clear 100%
    i need the PO file created in the way you suggested to install
    for that i will need to –

1.upload the beckup before updating theme to another domain

2. delete the loco translate translation file- installed incorrectly (under languages/loco/themes/woodmart/heb.po)

3. install the language correctly (under languages/themes/woodmart/heb.po)

4. copy the po file from the new installation

5. in production domain that is updated already- go and delete lang in loco (installed incorrectly) and reinstall it in the correct way

6. then delete heb.po file in the directory, and replace it with the new one created in the subdomain pre-updated
    (should i do it in the child theme also? or just in the master theme directories?)

AFTER ALL TEHT
    i can start translating again and strings will be updated
    correct?

alternatively- i have the po file saved before the update – can i just delete the lang in loco from the production site (installed incorrectly), install the lang in the correct way and replace the po file with old one ?

thank you !

Hello,

1.upload the beckup before updating theme to another domain === right!

2. delete the loco translate translation file- installed incorrectly (under languages/loco/themes/woodmart/heb.po) === No! You save the file as per the manual.

3. Update the theme, and check.

Best Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)