Home Forums WoodMart support forum Translation of the theme to Portuguese

Translation of the theme to Portuguese

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

paulo.dunham
    Participant

I created a subdirectory to train the use of the theme and tried to load two Brazilian Portuguese translation files. The files are called: woodmart-pt_BR.mo and woodmart-pt_BR.po but the translation did not take place. I uploaded the files to the following folders:
    domain/domainname/subdomainname/wp-content/themes domain/domain/subdomain/wp-content/language.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

You can translate/rewrite all theme and plugin texts via PO file in WordPress. Here is a video tutorial that should help you translate your website texts with a Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgKKv0oexGHzpWBg1imvrval&index=3

Please check the video tutorial to see how to save the translation file correctly. You can remove the plugin and translations would remain. Also, translations would remain after each theme update.

In order to translate the WooCommerce strings, you need to create a separate translation in Loco > Plugins > WooCommerce in the same way as shown in the video.

Best Regards

paulo.dunham
    Participant

Good afternoon

In fact I already had two translation files called:
    woodmart-pt_BR.mo
    woodmart-pt_BR.po
    Based on the guidance I had, these files should be placed in the following folder:
    star/wp-content/languages/themes
    Note: star: name of my subdomain.
    However, during the installation of woodmart, the themes folder was not created within languages.
    I solved the problem by creating this folder manually and inserted the above files in it.
    Could you tell me why the themes folder was not created?

Sincerelyl

Paulo Dunham

Hello,

The translation plugin creates the folders and WoodMart does not influence them.

As I understand you have solved the issue, haven’t you?

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

paulo.dunham
    Participant

Goodevening

Yes, I solved the problem, but I have a question:
    When woodmart is installed activated, it does not create the thmes folder inside the wp-content/languages folder.

I checked in other subdomains I have and this folder was created in other subdomains I have and in all of them, the themes folder was created in wp-content/languages without me having installed any translation plugin. Check this situation with hello, astra and twentytwentyone themes.

So woodmart doesn’t create the masta themes in wp-content/languages, making you create it manually in order to get the translation to work?

Hello,

The theme does not create, the plugin does. The theme just has all the necessary files.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)