Home Forums WoodMart support forum Typography – Looking for custom selector

Typography – Looking for custom selector

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

juliette
    Participant

Hello support team,

I am trying to customise some fonts thanks to the theme advanced typography, however I struggle to find the right selectors for some elements. Could you please tell me the name of the selectors I should use to customise the color of the font for:

1/ fields placeholder (eg. placeholder in fields like forms, discount code in cart page, etc.).

2/ links included in text blocks (eg. links in My Account dashboard text, links included in text block
    widget, etc.). I tried the Secondary Navigation Links but it did not work.

3/ product titles in shop and archive pages. I would like to remove these titles, so I tried the selector .top-information .wd-entities-title with transparent color for both normal and hover colors and 0px for size but the title still appears in yellow and 13px when I hover it. Maybe in this case a custom CSS to remove the titles would be better than custom typography?

Thank you very much for your precious help.

Hello,

Please provide page URL and screen of every element you want to change, I will provide a selector accordingly.

Best Regards

juliette
    Participant

Hello Elise,

You’ll find the URL below with admin panel access as the website is still in maintenance mode.

Also, when I choose the custom selector option, is it possible to put several ones in the same field or should I have a section for each one? If yes how should I do (just written them one next to the other doesn’t seem to work)?

Many thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

juliette
    Participant

Additional pictures

Attachments:

juliette
    Participant

Additional pictures 2

Attachments:

juliette
    Participant

Last picture

Attachments:

Hello,

Part of the pages are white and I cannot see anything.

These are selectors for the placeholder:

https://gyazo.com/9aac7236b02aff88d4d0de83ea29c3e7

input[type='email'], input[type='date'], input[type='search'], input[type='number'], input[type='text'], input[type='tel'], input[type='url'], input[type='password'], textarea, select

All the titles are provided in the drop-down list: https://gyazo.com/4c35bc1efbaf0d24973242a621e3d9b9

If you wish to set different styles for every selector, you would need to find a developer for such a scope.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

juliette
    Participant

Hello Elise,

Thank you for your reply.

1/I tried to use the classes you shared with me for placeholders but I cannot make it work.

For example, for input[type='search'], I tried these 2 custom selectors but none of them work: input[type=’search’] , .input[type=’search’].
    I also found these selector when I inspect my page “–wd-form-placeholder-color: inherit;”, so it seems that there is a class that regroups all placeholders. However, I also tried custom selectors with this but it didn’t work: –wd-form-placeholder-color, .wd-form-placeholder-color, wd-form-placeholder-color.

Could you please guide me on how to use these classes?

2/ I have another question on custom selectors. I would like to use this class that I have found inspecting my archive page : ‘product-element-top wd-quick-shop’. However I don’t achieve to make it work as custom selector. I tried : .product-element-top .wd-quick-shop, .product-element-top wd-quick-shop, “product-element-top wd-quick-shop”.
    Can you please tell me how to use a class that has several terms as a custom selector?

Thank you

Hello,

Yes, you would better inspect the element, and take the selector with classes: https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/website/how-to-inspect-and-change-style-using-google-chrome

Best Regards

juliette
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Yes as I told you, inspecting the page is how I found the examples of classes I sent you before.
    But this doesn’t help me with the custom selector of Woodmart typography.

Can you please tell me how I can make the custom selector work for these two classes: “product-element-top wd-quick-shop” and “input[type=’search’]” ?
    I just need your help on these two in order to be able to do the rest on my own.

Thank you

juliette
    Participant

Hello Elise,

I found my answers. You can close this topic.

Thank you

That is fine!

Best Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)