Home Forums WoodMart support forum Urgent: Restore Woodmart Theme Settings Using UpdraftPlus

Urgent: Restore Woodmart Theme Settings Using UpdraftPlus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Cris
    Participant

Hello,

Within Theme Settings > Typography, I clicked the “Reset Defaults” button at the bottom thinking that it would reset the typography page settings to the defaults, HOWEVER reseting defaults using that option actually reset ALL theme settings and the warning the pops up only states to confirm that the user wants to reset the options to default without stating that it is for EVERYTHING. This is very confusing as it is currently and would be simple to clarify with even just the pop up text, so this doesn’t happen to more people in the future.

Now, I need to restore all my theme settings from a backup. I am using UpdraftPlus for backups. Preferably, I would like to only restore the Theme Settings, however they do not provide that level of specificity. Instead they ask to select what to restore from the following list: Plugins; Themes; Uploads; Others; Database.

What should I select to restore my Theme Settings? Where would these be saved? Any other considerations before I restore?

Thank you for your help.

Cris
    Participant

Also, I did not do a manual Export of the Theme Settings alone from the Theme Settings > Import / Export for a long time. So the best route is to utilize the UpdraftPlus backup. Going forward, I will have to habitually export those settings after significant changes vs relying on solely a backup.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Our theme settings are stored in the database wp_options table. You can try to restore the whole database or that only one table.

Kind Regards

Cris
    Participant

That was exactly the info I needed! Thanks Artem!

Quick and simple to restore only that one database.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, we are glad that you sorted it out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Urgent: Restore Woodmart Theme Settings Using UpdraftPlus’ is closed to new replies.