Home Forums WoodMart support forum Visit counter issue

Visit counter issue

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Eme
    Participant

Hello there,

I’m getting in touch this time because I found something weird with the “Visit counter” block that appears under “Add to cart” and “Shop now” buttons. (Theme settings > Single product > Visitor counter)

When there’s just 1 person more watching the product page with me, the block should say “1 People watching this product now!“, right?

But the thing is, that the main language of my website is spanish, so the issue appears when there is only 1 visitor, because the word “People” has two translations for singular and plural person.

It’s weird because in Loco Translate I have set the singular and plural difference but somehow the theme shows 1 visitor with the plural translation. I tried switching the option to “Live mode” to see if there’s a change but none, I also tried the option to update the visit counter once reloading the page, but none.

I also deactivated the cache on the specific product page, but none.

Apparently the theme keeps changing the translation randomly from plural to singular and viceversa when there’s only 1 person more watching the product.

I don’t know if this issue comes because there is something from the theme I’m caching that I shouldn’t, or simply because the word “People” work for both (plural & singular) in english and the theme just takes the first translation that find in spanish.

I need a solution for this as soon as possible, or I’ll need to deactivate this pretty and cool customization from all my product pages, at least there’s a way to set the translation correctly, or in short, making this tool work only for 2+ visitors, so the translation will be always in plural, but I don’t know if later it will say like: 3 persona (singular) más viendo éste producto ahora (spanish).

I would like to say that I can’t deactivate any plugin since my e-commerce store is in production mode already, and I wouldn’t like to give you my wp-admin login access because of security and privacy of my customers.

So we will need to find a solution for this together, and if there’s none, well, sad but it’s okay.

(If you enter my website, I have set the visit counter in live mode with 10 seconds reload of counter, so you can check what I’m talking about)

Thank you so much in advance for all this and your time.

Kind regards.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience. Kindly, please share your Site WP-ADMIN Login details in the Private Content field so that we can check this concern on your Site and help you out accordingly.

Best Regards

Eme
    Participant

Muchas gracias, disculpen el retraso.

Me gustaría ver si podemos resolver esto de alguna otra forma que no comprometa la privacidad de mis clientes, ya que mi página web está activa y en modo producción.

De todas formas, no es algo urgente ni importante, pero sí me gustaría ver alguna solución a esa traducción, ya que como mostré en mi captura de pantalla anterior, yo hice las traducciones de manera correcta, tanto para la traducción singular, como la plural.

Yo tengo la idea de que esto probablemente se deba a que la palabra “people” en inglés no tiene traducción plural o singular para español, ya que la misma palabra en sí puede ser usada para ambas personas.

Mi página web utiliza la plantilla “KIDS”.

Si me pueden ayudar se los agradecería.

Hello,

I think the issue is in the translation, you have made any mistake to make the translation. Please share the WP admin login details in te private content area so Only I can see the logins.

Best Regards.

Eme
    Participant

Alright, I will gladly share my admin access with you, please let me know as soon as possible when you’re done so I can check on my side that everything it’s okay.

Hello,

We’ve fixed this on your site. Could you please check how it’s working for you now? We’ll also include this fix in the next theme update.

Best Regards.

Eme
    Participant

Thank you so much,

Could I know where was the error exactly??

And last question, now that you have worked on my WP FILES, can I deactivate and delete the WP FILE MANAGER plugin?? Or should I keep it until the next theme update??

Hello,

The issue is in the theme PHP files. We will solve the issue in the theme in the next theme update.

Yes, you can deactivate the WP File Manager plugin.

Best Regards.

Eme
    Participant

You guys are the greatest, Im so happy to have you all as part of my team.

You can close this topic now, thank you so so much for your help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Visit counter issue’ is closed to new replies.