Home Forums WoodMart support forum Webfont (adobe) from Woodmart?

Webfont (adobe) from Woodmart?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hello,

our website is showing any adobe webfont – see attached screenshot please.

Is this from your theme? I actually only worked with local Google fonts so I am a bit confused, that it shows up.

Kind regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hello Christian |cswebdesigns,

Thanks for reaching to us and take our apologies for the long delay in answering.

Yes, it comes from WoodMart theme and it used to load Google Fonts theme only.

Kind Regards

Can I deactivate this? It is against the GDPR.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

To assist you in the best possible manner, I kindly ask that you please provide me temporary wp-admin info (wp-admin URL, username, password) to the Private Content area, this will allow me to thoroughly investigate and address your concerns more efficiently.

Regards,

Yes, sure : )

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Thanks for the link but it seems expired, please double check.

Regards,

Check again please

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Thanks for new link.

In order to prevent loading the fonts from the Google API, you should use custom fonts in Theme Settings > Typography. Also, in the Custom font area, you need to add for the font’s name some prefix (e.g -local).

https://gyazo.com/7a3962bea54c1ef08944aaf70a9b2b5c

The names should not be the same as API Google fonts have therefore the fonts from API will not be uploaded.

Or use system font stack fonts to prevent loading the fonts from the Google API: https://prnt.sc/XFMid437wjOV

Kind Regards,

Hey Hung,

I changed all of them to a local uploaded font but it still shows the source in the dev tools.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Thanks for details.

You should deactivate all plugins (except Required Plugins) and then reactivate them one by one. This makes it very easy to isolate the plugin which, connecting this file.

Kind Regards,

I am a bit confused now. You already answered, this: “Yes, it comes from WoodMart theme and it used to load Google Fonts theme only.”.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Yes, WoodMart included a code line to call it. However, I also discussed with our developer as well, and he firstly kindly request you to disable all extra plugins to see if it works.

Kind Regards,

But you already said it is WOODMART, not any other plugin in your first answer?

To deactivate every plugin on a LIVE SITE is not done in like 2 minutes. I have to create a staging and test it one by one. So please give me a proper statement that I can trust you it is worthy to do this!

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

You can create a clone of the site and move it to the staging platform, thus we can investigate the issue there.

Devsite – also called a Staging platform where you can test issues, enable/disable features/plugins thus such changes will affect the main site. The below article will help you to create it:

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-staging-environment-for-a-wordpress-site/

I am really appreciate your patience.

Regards,

I found the plugin which was using google fonts -> MailOptin (there is a setting to dsiable them).

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Glad to hear your issue has been resolved. Keep us in mind for future questions and concerns, we’re always here to help!

Regards,

Thank you, you can close this ticket 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Webfont (adobe) from Woodmart?’ is closed to new replies.