Home Forums WoodMart support forum Website has Become Super Slow Suddenly

Website has Become Super Slow Suddenly

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

bishalstha76
    Participant

Hi,

My website has become super slow suddenly. It’s been taking like 8 minutes just to load one page. I was checking with the hosting and they said this:
    “I have completed a full investigation of your server, examining all potential causes for the high CPU usage issue. I have checked cron jobs, bot traffic, slow PHP pages, and slow MySQL queries, among other possibilities. Let me go ahead and guide you through the findings and provide assistance accordingly.

I can see high hits to admin-ajax.php in just one hour duration. There’s an easy and quick option to control this by installing a plugin named “Heartbeat Control by WP-Rocket” and modifying the heartbeat to 200 or more seconds.

admin-ajax.php?action=woodmart_get_fragment_product_category_compare
    async runner”

What is creating the admin-ajax request. Would you be able to help please?

Kind Regards,
    Bijan

bishalstha76
    Participant

Hi,
    Please find what cloudways had to say:

Several requests involve WooCommerce actions like wc-ajax=get_refreshed_fragments,
    indicating it’s updating the cart or product fragments. This request is part of WooCommerce’s AJAX functionality to update cart fragments or similar dynamic content.

action=woodmart_get_fragment_product_category_compare: This request likely relates to a feature of the Woodmart theme or a related plugin to compare product categories.

Kindly check by changing the theme to the default theme. We recommend you to deploy a staging site and perform the testing there to control the admin ajax requests.As we have analyzed the logs we found that.

Several requests involve WooCommerce actions like wc-ajax=get_refreshed_fragments,
    indicating it’s updating the cart or product fragments. This request is part of WooCommerce’s AJAX functionality to update cart fragments or similar dynamic content.

action=woodmart_get_fragment_product_category_compare: This request likely relates to a feature of the Woodmart theme or a related plugin to compare product categories.

Kindly check by changing the theme to the default theme. We recommend you to deploy a staging site and perform the testing there to control the admin ajax requests.

bishalstha76
    Participant

Hi Team,
    So I changed the theme in live site to ” Storefront” and the website was running fast and fine. I changed back the theme and the website is still super slow. Please let me know what we can do about it. Cloudways is still looking further into this.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by bishalstha76.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

May I disable 3rd party plugins and enable parent/default theme for testing?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Kind Regards

bishalstha76
    Participant

Hi,

Yes please go ahead.

Also response from cloudways:
    Thank you for your patience, we have checked the server and the load is mostly caused by the wp-admin Ajax calls from the IP 159.196.168.101 and preload requests from the wp-rocket plugin. Couldyou please kindly disabled preload in wp-rocket for some time and also confirm if the IP belongs to you?

Where exactly is this admin ajax request coming from, and from inspect, it shows compare feature, I have no other plugin installed that has compare feature.

Please let me know.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

bishalstha76
    Participant

Hi,

Just another error I encountered. Please check the attachment

Attachments:

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Without 3rd party plugins, it started to work well – https://take.ms/6JQtx

So I suggest disable all plugins except these ones:

Elementor or WPBackary
    Woodmart Core
    WooCommerce
    Enable the Parent theme

Then activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the request problem.

Let me know the result. Also, after enabling back plugins, such issue occurs – https://take.ms/fstpB

Kind Regards

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Luke Nielsen.

bishalstha76
    Participant

Hi Luke,

My main query was regarding admin-ajax issue I mentioned.
    So I had another issue which is working now, So I followed the instruction and updated woodmart theme and required plugins which included: Elementor, SaveSVG Contact form 7, I think there was couple more, and I updated Woocommerce.
    The website crashed after I updated woocommerce, For some reason the woocommerce was deactivated, upon activation from backend, website started woking but that issue started showing up.

So I followed your instructions and found out “WOOPAYMENTS” Plugin is the issue, when deactivated it doesn’t give the error anymore.
    Somehow the issue started after updating the theme and woocommerce. What do you think is the reason?

My main query:
    Please find the attached image error that shows in the website. I’m told the admin-ajax issue keeps getting sent to the server causing overload and result in slow website.

So I activated “Storefront” default theme
    And the issue show no more as you see in the picture attached.
    Please let me know how do we fix that.

Attachments:

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Looks like the server blocks that admin-ajax file – https://take.ms/RBM4k

I suggest you contact server support and ask them to check the permissions because as you can see, something blocks that file.

Kind Regards

bishalstha76
    Participant

Hi,

Here’s what the server team say:

https://www.cloudways.com/blog/wordpress-ajax/#speed-up-wordpress-dashboard%EF%BB%BF
    https://www.businessbloomer.com/woocommerce-why-how-to-disable-ajax-cart-fragments/#how-to-disable-woocommerce-ajax-cart-fragments

Also checked and there is a rule added in the htaccess file for the temporarily blockage for the ajax file, in order to keep the load reduced. Here is the screenshot of the rule added in the file.

<Please check attached file for code>

So when I created this thread, there was a serious issue when website wasn’t loading at all. So they told me it was temporarily fixed but need to be fixed on our end to fix the issue. The request is blocked at the moment so the website is working for now.

Again:
    When I changed the theme to storefront, the issue was gone.
    If you would like to check on that, please find the staging site access details attached.

Attachments:

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Navigate to Theme Settings -> Shop -> Compare -> turn off the “Enable compare by category” option: https://take.ms/K1U07. Clear the site/server cache and recheck the isssue.

Kind Regards

bishalstha76
    Participant

Hi Luke,

Thank you. The error is gone as I turned off that option. The website seems to be faster too. I just wanted to understand the problem. What exactly caused the error?

Also turning off the feature means we cannot use it correct? We haven’t used that feature before and I don’t see myself to be required, that feature for us. But suppose If I need the feature to be used(which i don’t really think so), just asking to understand the issue again, how would that need to be fixed?

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Unfortunately, we cannot tell you with certainty what the problem is, but in order to say it for sure, we need FTP access to the site and you need to return all the changes you made to the site and server settings so that the page loads for a long time in order to check it in more detail.

Kind Regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)