Home Forums WoodMart support forum Whenever add the newest product into “My Wishlist” need reload page to update

Whenever add the newest product into “My Wishlist” need reload page to update

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

e911.tw
    Participant

Dear Supporter,

When I add any products to “my wishlist”, I always need to reload the page to see the newest update.
    If my wishlist page like the shopping cart page does not need to reload the page to see the newest update, it will be much more friendly for users, because most users do not know he has to reload the page to see the newest update.

Please check it from my site.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins except these ones:

Slider Revolution
    WPBakery Page Builder or Elementor
    Woodmart Core
    Contact Form 7
    MailChimp for WordPress
    WooCommerce
    Safe SVG

If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

In case, the problem remains, even after all the plugins are deactivated, provide your site admin access (insert the site credentials into the Private content block under the message area) and confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, switching to the parent or default theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

e911.tw
    Participant

Hi Supporter,

This problem remains after I closed all other plug-ins except the Woodmart suggestions.
    Please check.

Hello,

I am checking the site and Wishlist works as it should: https://gyazo.com/fdd2ac60803f20ced3bb6dfde0dab4bf

Could you kindly describe the steps to reproduce the issue?

Best Regards

e911.tw
    Participant

Dear Supporter,

Thanks for your reply, I test this issue on my mobile and have a screenshot step by step, please check the steps as follows and pictures.
    Step 1
    Adding product to My Wishlist.
    Step2
    This product is already added successfully, and the Wishlist shows as “1”.
    Step3
    Then click on the Wishlist icon to go to the Wishlist page, the page shows “There’s No Product in My Wishlist!”.
    Step4
    I reload the My Wishlist page, then the product that I added is shown.
    Step5
    I remove this product from My Wishlist page, the product is gone from this page which is correct.
    Step6
    If I click on the Wishlist icon “0” again, then the product that I just removed is shown on this page again!
    Step7
    I have to reload this page again to let this product really move from this page.
    After I reload it, there is no product on this page!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

e911.tw
    Participant

I put all the screenshots on one page, please check this picture.

Attachments:

e911.tw
    Participant

Hi Supporter,

Actually, I find there are two conditions that the Wishlist page shows different working flow.
    1. User does not log in yet, when he adds the product to Wishlist, the Wishlist page is needed to click page reload to show the product, and this condition happened like this issue description.
    2. When the user logs in as a member account, I add a product in My Wishlist will show a lightbox to make sure whether add in or not, then when the user clicks the button, it will lead to the “My account > My Wishlist” for showing the adding result, user need not to “Reload” My Wishlist and he can see the correct product he added.

So does it need a trigger when the user does not log in yet to let the Wishlist page open and reload?

Please see the pictures.

Attachments:

Hello,

I have tested your site on Android, I added a few products to the cart, then I went to the Wishlist and saw all the products without reloading.

I deleted the products, and they disappeared. What browser and device do you use? Please check the cache settings, it seems the cache causes the problem.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

e911.tw
    Participant

Hi,

I have tested your site on Android, I added a few products to the cart, then I went to the Wishlist and saw all the products without reloading.

You seem to be wrong about the topic of this issue, this issue is about the “Wishlist could not be correctly shown those products which users add-in.” In your test, you talk about the “Cart”, but the Cart is totally no problem with adding or deleting products from it, I’m talking about the “Wishlist”.

Yes, I test this issue with iOS, and you can see the pictures which are iOS screenshots.
    Will you provide the same test results as mine by video or screenshots via Android? I think it’s not caused by the cache setting, because if this issue is caused by the cache why the Cart does not have this problem?

Please check my testing picture again, I don’t know why they all disappear from my earlier post.

e911.tw
    Participant

My test Pictures I post it again, I don’t know why they all disappear from my earlier posts.

e911.tw
    Participant

I try and try, I just can not upload any pictures here! Why?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by e911.tw.

e911.tw
    Participant

It’s very strange that I can not upload my test picture! You guys filter out this topic not uploading any pictures?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by e911.tw.

e911.tw
    Participant

Hello,

Please check how it works now.

As soon as you check, please activate the plugins one by one to detect which one causes the problem.

Best Regards

e911.tw
    Participant

Hi Supporter,

Yes, I saw that all plug-ins were deactivated by you, but the performance is the same as it was.
    That’s if the user does not log in as a member when he adds a product to the wishlist he has to reload the wishlist page to see that product, that means the wishlist function fails for the user if he does not know to reload the wishlist page.

Hello,

The problem is caused by the server and site cache. You need to exclude the Wishlist.

Best Regards

e911.tw
    Participant

Hi Supporter,

I’m happy that this issue has good progress, but could you have the snippet code and teach me how to exclude the Wishlist from the server cache?

Hello,

Different plugins have their own instructions.

Please check this manual, perhaps it would be helpful: https://space.xtemos.com/wordpress-performance-optimization-the-ultimate-guide-in-2021#Step_4

You would better contact plugin support or host support.

Best Regards

e911.tw
    Participant

Hi Supporter,

OK.
    I’ll try these suggestions to optimize my website. Thank you!

e911.tw
    Participant

Hi Supporter,

In this SEO documentation, there says the Wishlist/Compare content pages should be excluded from the website caches, then all Woodmart theme Wishlist/Compare pages will be shown products correctly like the default Woocomerce Cart pages are.

And the strings in the excluded cache column look like these below, is that right?

/wishlist
    /wishlist/(.*)
    /compare
    /compare/(.*)

Attachments:

Hello,

Please follow the instruction from the manual. We do not have these instructions. As I mentioned above, this problem is caused externally.

Best Regards

e911.tw
    Participant

Hi Supporter,

I’ve added these files excluded from my website cache pages, but unfortunately, the Wishlist still does not show the correct products as the same as before I added them. I think if this problem could not be solved in anyways, the Wishlist is a useless function for any user.

Hello,

Please deactivate the cache plugins and configurations on your site and server. Check the issue, if the problem has gone, contact the plugin support and let them configure the cache correctly.

It is definitely a cache problem.

Best Regards

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)