Home Forums WoodMart support forum White label

White label

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

calin.stefane
    Participant

Hey,
    So I’ve “white labeled” the theme but now I don’t understand how I can show only that part.
    The administrator role still has access to everything (including white label) and the shop manager role can’t see anything related to woodmart.

Can you please explain how does this work?

Thanks.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please check this Manual about user roles:
    https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/wordpress-user-roles-and-permissions/

Best Regards.

calin.stefane
    Participant

I don’t get it, how is that helping?

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

We use the default roles access that are from WordPress, in the above article described how it works and how to create a custom user role.

In general, that “role access” functionality is not related to our theme.

Kind Regards

calin.stefane
    Participant

Ok, I will check it out. But then what’s the purpose of “white label” if the final customer can edit it anytime he wants and can disable it completely?

Even if I edit it and call it whatever if the client is an Administrator he can see and disable it.
    Asking because you wrote above that “In general, that “role access” functionality is not related to our theme.”.
    So, what’s the point of it?

calin.stefane
    Participant

This leads nowhere.
    Got the Members plugin from the post you linked but there is no “woodmart”, “xtemos” or “xts_” to grant or deny.

So my question is: Is there a way to restrict the “white label” section or any other sections from “Theme settings” or parts from “Woodmart” for another role except administrator? And if there is how is this done?

Thanks.

calin.stefane
    Participant

Never mind, I managed to get it done. You can close the topic.
    Also you should think about the ability to give this option as a feature.
    There are people that build websites for clients using the theme and i think it’s a nice to have feature.
    As it stands, the white label is kind of useless.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Glad that you managed to sort it out.

Always remember that you can reach out to us with any questions you may have.

We wish you a splendid day!

Kind Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘White label’ is closed to new replies.