Home Forums WoodMart support forum Why is my font suddenly different in mobile compared to desktop view

Why is my font suddenly different in mobile compared to desktop view

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

dreamzspl
    Participant

Hi,

I have set my typography in Theme Panel accordingly. Desktop shows as per my settings. However, mobile view changed the fonts to default Times New Roman fonts. Why is this so and what is the solution?

dreamzspl
    Participant

I noticed this issue on iPhone, using Safari.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We just tested your website with iPhone in Safari and fonts look correctly for us. Try to clear your browser cache https://gyazo.com/f507230065f3e544f13677fae39a94d6

Regards

dreamzspl
    Participant

The font is incorrect – the font in your screen shot seems to be Arial / Helvetica (I had set it to Quicksand).

Just above this section shown in your screenshot – there is a category carousel – the category titles are shown in Times New Roman if i am not wrong. (I had set this to be Quicksand as well).

You can visit the same page in desktop and there is a difference in the fonts.

I have also tried in android phone and problem is same.

Will you be able to help me, please?

Really appreciate it very much. Thank you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we can see, this font is also shown on the desktop. And Quicksand is not included on the page. Could you please try to disable all external plugins that are not related to our theme?

dreamzspl
    Participant

Hi,

I have deactivated all the plugins not related to the theme and tested the view on mobile. The fonts are still defaulted to Arial / Times New Roman.

I had set my main fonts to be Roboto and Quicksand (Both google fonts).

Below are my log in info

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Some of the installed plugins are still active. Also, please, try to switch to the parent theme.

dreamzspl
    Participant

Hi,
    I would prefer to use the child theme as i understand any changes that i made to the child theme will be preserved for future theme updates. If i use parent theme, the changes will be reset every time the theme updates.

I have just deactivated all the plugins that are outside of the theme’s default set of plugins.

Just tried the mobile view, it still shows the Times New Roman / Arial fonts instead of the primary Roboto / Quicksand fonts.

What should be done next?

dreamzspl
    Participant

Just did a quick switch to parent theme. Fonts were the same in Mobile View!

However, i have since switched back to child theme, due to concerns mentioned above.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Are we allowed to disable plugins and the child theme to check the problem?

dreamzspl
    Participant

yes please. but please let me know first if you need to delete or change any settings.

Thank you so much

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It works correctly when the child theme is turned off https://gyazo.com/23ca00ac57f95604c766c65372e66565

dreamzspl
    Participant

Yes, i understand. How to repair the child theme, then?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to remove all the code you added to the child theme part by part to see which one causes this problem.

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)