Home Forums WoodMart support forum Wishlist Limit for spam control

Wishlist Limit for spam control

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

cmdtung
    Participant

Hi,

We have installed some plugins to prevent the guests or cusotmers from adding too many items stored in cart list or checkout. However there is no plugin to control wishlist. Although wehave configure the wishlist not for guests., some hackers also put a lot of items in the wish as customer role.

How could we stop the customer or guest to add items into the wishlist when total wishlist items over predefined number of item ? The simple way is diable wishlist.

Best Regards
    DARRY

• This topic was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by cmdtung.

Hello,

Unfortunately, our theme doesn’t include any spam blockers. You can try to search for a plugin for spam registration. We have not tested any with our theme, we cannot guarantee any.

These are some third-party websites and Articles related to avoiding spam registration under WordPress which you can check out if they are of any help:
    https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-stop-spam-registrations-on-your-wordpress-membership-site/
    https://wpforms.com/simple-tricks-to-eliminate-spam-user-registration/

Best Regards.

cmdtung
    Participant

Hi,

We may want to use email-verification plugin to solve this wishlish spam issue. The plugin provides a function or global variable for us to check if customer’s email has been verified.

We want to modify the code for enable WISHLIST for customer. We will put the code to check if the customer is verified so that he/she could add item into the wishlist instead of customer (without verifying the email)

Please provide where is the WoodMart code to enable WISHLIST button for customer.

Thanks a loot.

Best Regards
    Darry Tung

Hello,

Navigate to Theme Settings > Shop > Wishlist > enable the option “Only for logged in”. In this case users need to first login to your site and then it will add the product to the wishlist.

Best Regards.

cmdtung
    Participant

Hi,

I know how to enable the option “Only for logged in” before. My request is to get your help to inform me where is the Woodmart theme PHP code which control wishlist button as below:

if “woodmart_get_opt( ‘wishlist_logged’ ) && is_user_logged_in() ” then allow logged in customer to enable wishlist button.

Then I could put addition condition to check add is_user_email_verified() which our add-on email-customer-verification plugin function. With this is_user_email_verified(), we could allow only verified email user logged in could add items on wishlist.

Best Regards
    Darry

Hello,

Please find this file:
    woodmart/inc/integrations/woocommerce/modules/wishlist/

All the customizations made in the theme files are at your own risk. Our support doesn’t cover any issues caused by changes in the theme code.

Best Regards.

cmdtung
    Participant

Hi,

Noted. I will use child theme to modify it instead of directly modifying the code in the theme.

Thanks.

Best Regards
    DARRY TUNG

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wishlist Limit for spam control’ is closed to new replies.