Home Forums WoodMart support forum Woocommerce brand URL and brand attribute URL merge

Woocommerce brand URL and brand attribute URL merge

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

magnet
    Participant

Hello,

Is it possible to merge (or any other way) URL addresses of brands that WooCommerce provides and those that come with theme as a brand attributes?

We would like to list products from one brand like this:
    https://myshop.sk/znacka/veva

Right now, only way to list brand attribute is like this:
    https://myshop.sk/shop/?filter_znacka=veva

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can add the following code to the functions.php file in the child theme to change brands link structure there

add_filter( 'woodmart_brands_link', function( $link, $brand ){
       return get_term_link( $brand->term_id, $brand->taxonomy );
    }, 10, 2 );

Kind Regards

magnet
    Participant

I added the code, but I don’t know how to change it so I’ll get the expected result – site.com/brand/brand-name. Can you edit the code or help me with understanding how to achieve desired URL?

The result I got with your code: https://myshop.sk/?taxonomy=pa_znacka&term=veva

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can change your permalinks structure in Dashboard -> Settings -> Permalinks.

magnet
    Participant

Of course I tried that but doesnt seem to work.

When I access the brand I want to list with url /brand/brand-name/ only thing I get is the PNG logo of the brand.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but your problem is not quite clear for us. Please, explain in details for better understanding. And we don’t see your website because of the maintenance mode active.

magnet
    Participant

I disabled maintenance mode, so you can check it out.

We want Google to index the page that has listed all the products from one brand. (for example the link in the private content) Problem is, that the link has parameters in it and Google may have problem with indexing that page.

more in the private content.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Have you placed the code we sent you to the child theme? Please, send us a screenshot where you placed it.

magnet
    Participant

I tried it before, it wasn´t working as expected. I put it in functions.php again so you can see it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, provide us your admin and FTP access so we can check what is wrong.

magnet
    Participant

here you go.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to turn on “Enable archives” option for the brand attribute in Dashboard -> Products -> Attributes.

magnet
    Participant

Great, I checked “enable archives” and it seems to be working now.

Thank you.

You are welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Tagged: ,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Woocommerce brand URL and brand attribute URL merge’ is closed to new replies.