Home Forums WoodMart support forum WoodMart content area size? (recommended max image width)

WoodMart content area size? (recommended max image width)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

pattaya2000
    Participant

I am trying to plan the SEO optimization of images on my website, which I am creating by customizing the WoodMart (“Main”/default) theme (is still populated with the default demo content). I have 4 questions please.

1 – What is the width (in px) of the above website theme structure’s site’s content area?
    (I can then use that width to set the max width (in the Imagify WordPress plug-in) for saving/re-sizing my images, including background images, in line with the website’s dimensions)

2 – Am I right in thinking that, even though WoodMart is a “responsive design” (width of the website vary according to the screen/display of the device used to view it on), there is only one content area width size that I need to consider?

3 – (For good page load speed & customer experience) What would you recommend as the “Main image” width (in px) for product photos in WooCommerce on WoodMart?

4 – What other considerations/advice can you give me about planning the width/dimensions of images on WoodMart?

Hello,

In general, our theme is already optimized and doesn’t have too many resources to make your website slow. Most likely, your website performance suffers from the content you have added to your website. It may happen in case of too many plugins, large not optimized images, or other resources. So we suggest you remove unnecessary plugins, install some kind of JS & CSS optimizing plugins like WP Rocket. You can find our guide about how to optimize your website built with our themes here https://space.xtemos.com/wordpress-performance-optimization-the-ultimate-guide-in-2021

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

pattaya2000
    Participant

It looks like your answer is for a different question/issue. My questions above are about image dimensions please

Hello,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

1) The default full width option in Theme Settings is 1222px wide.

2) The width you set from Theme Settings contains the content widths according to the devices.

3 &4) You can read our detailed documentation about images and content alignment for further help:
    https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/faq-guides/image-size-content-alignment-product-grid/

Best Regards

pattaya2000
    Participant

Thanks for your better reply. Useful info on that FAQ page.

But on the FAQ page there seems to be a contradiction of info
    – in one part of the page it says …

images sizes applied in the WoodMart demo:
    Product main image: width: 800px; height: 1200px;

– in another part of the page it says …
    Go to Appearance – Customize – WooCommerce – Product Image
    … Set the Main image width – Image size used for the main image on single product pages to 600px

Which width px is correct?

Hello,

You are Most Welcome.

In our demos we used images Product main image: width: 800px; height: 1200px;

And you can apply the images to crop from the Settings mentioned under Appearance >> Customise WooCommerce >> Product Image.

Best Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)