Home Forums WoodMart support forum Woodmart reviews in wrong language in combination with WPML and Litespeed

Woodmart reviews in wrong language in combination with WPML and Litespeed

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

henk.devries
    Participant

When Woodmart reviews are used and translated with WPML, they appear perfectly fine when we are logged in or when we disable Litespeed. When we enable Litespeed Cache, the reviews are most of the time only appearing in the original language in which they are placed. We have tried to disable most of the Litespeed functionalities, but with no good result.

How can we solve this? Is there some kind of exclusion that we need to make in Litespeed cache, or would you advise to use a different review plugin?

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi henk.devries,

Thanks for reaching to us and appreciate your patience.

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress themes like WooCommerce Storefront to understand if it is our theme issue or not?

Best Regards.

henk.devries
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. I just tried with Storefront and everything is fine there. (see attached image)
    It is theme related.

I also noticed that I had to translate all reviews multiple times since I use your theme. See 2nd attached image.
    Is it possible that your review plugin in the theme is not correctly setup with WPML?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi henk.devries,

To assist you in the best possible manner, I kindly ask that you please provide me temporary wp-admin info (wp-admin URL, username, password) to the Private Content area, this will allow me to thoroughly investigate and address your concerns more efficiently.

Regards,

henk.devries
    Participant

Hello,

Hereby the wp-admin info.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi henk.devries,

Thanks for details.

I’ve fixed your issue. Please check your site again.

Regards,

henk.devries
    Participant

Hello,

Unfortunately the issue is still there.
    I have attached a screenshot. Left side of the screen is the view you get when you are logged in. Right side is the screen when logged out.

I assume that it is due to the Litespeed caching in combination with the Woodmart theme and WPML. If I remove either Litespeed or Woodmart, it is fine.

Can you please check once more how we can solve this?

Attachments:

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi henk.devries,

Would you mind if I deactivate extra plugins for testing? Please confirm me back.

Regards,

henk.devries
    Participant

Hi,

Only if it is for maximum of 10 minutes. This is a live website.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi henk.devries,

You can create a dev site – also called a Staging platform where you can test issues, enable/disable features/plugins thus such changes will affect the main site. The below article will help you to create it:

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-staging-environment-for-a-wordpress-site/

Then, I can help you to debug issues without affecting to live site.

Regards,

henk.devries
    Participant

Hello,

I created a staging site:
    staging.doll.shop

All credentials are the same.
    The problem can be found on for example: https://staging.doll.shop/it/produkt/bambola-gonfiabile-yara-158-cm/

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hello henk.devries,

Everything worked perfectly both live and staging sites. You can watch recorded video for better understanding https://go.screenpal.com/watch/cZjVhQVPMR3

Regards,

henk.devries
    Participant

Hello,

It works perfectly when logged in, but not when logged out.

Please try in private screen as well, when not logged in. Somehow it works with some products / language combinations, but not all. For example: if you look at the Yara product it in Italian or Spanish.

I have attached a screenshot with comparison of the same page when logged in and when logged out.

henk.devries
    Participant

The image didn’t upload because of too large size. Hereby another attempt.

Attachments:

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hello henk.devries,

The video has been recorded in incognite browser, here is test result in my colleague as well

https://monosnap.com/file/Rm9ZawOH9YEwvjMFrAhOem8ihJinqt

Regards,

henk.devries
    Participant

Hello,

Can you please check in Italian or Spanish as well? The Dutch translations were done a while back before installing your theme for the first time. All languages and translations that are more recent, are not showing up.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hello henk.devries,

To better assist you, could you kindly test the functionality with default WordPress themes such as TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront in staging site? This will help us determine whether the issue stems from our theme or elsewhere.

Regards

henk.devries
    Participant

Hi,

Storefront is now active and it works fine with that theme.
    https://staging.doll.shop/es/productos/muneca-sexual-yara-158-cm/

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hello henk.devries,

I’ve passed this topic to one of our developers, and I will let you know once get an answer.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hello henk.devries,

To assist you in the best possible manner, I kindly ask that you provide me temporary FTP info (server, username, password, port) to Private Content area, I need to enable debug log and this will allow me to thoroughly investigate and address your concerns in a more efficient.

Regards,

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hello henk.devries,

To assist you in the best possible manner, I kindly ask that you provide me temporary FTP info (server, username, password, port) to Private Content area, I need to enable debug log and this will allow me to thoroughly investigate and address your concerns in a more efficient.

Regards,

henk.devries
    Participant

Hello,

I have attached the requested information.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hello henk.devries,

FTP credential is incorrect, please check again https://prnt.sc/znR5owuSHASK

Regards,

henk.devries
    Participant

Hi,

Can you try once more with the same FTP credentials? The DNS settings were incorrect, but it should work now.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hello henk.devries,

It works now, thank you.

Our developers are working hard on it, will update you once receive his replies.

Regards,

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hello henk.devries,

First of all, I wanted to say that I am appreciate your patience.

Try to add the following PHP code snippet to the child theme functions.php file to fix this

global $woocommerce_wpml;
    if ( isset( $woocommerce_wpml->comments) ) {
        $comments_instance = $woocommerce_wpml->comments;
        remove_filter( 'the_comments', array( $comments_instance, 'translate_product_ids' ), 10, 1 );
    } 

Regards,

henk.devries
    Participant

Hello,

I noticed that you already added the PHP code to the Child theme functions.php. I also added this PHP code via Codesnippets, but unfortunately the issue remains the same. It works fine when logged in, and without Litespeed. When I enable Litespeed, part of the reviews are still only shown in the language that they are written in. It is OK with other themes.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hello henk.devries,

You should Purge cache from plugins / CDN or disable it and check again.

Best Regards,

henk.devries
    Participant

Hello,

I did purge all cache and disabled Litespeed cache, but result is the same.
    See for example: https://doll.shop/nl/product/firedoll-zora-166-cm/#reviews

One review is shown in Dutch, the other one in German.
    When I look at the French version, they are both shown in French.

In other themes this works fine.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hello henk.devries,

First of all, I’m really sorry have taken long time to reply you due to the weekend.

I’ve passed this topic to one of our developers, and I will let you know once get an answer.

Regards,

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)