Home Forums WoodMart support forum Woodmart search function

Woodmart search function

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mike@karo.com.au
    Participant

Hi
    We are using the Woodmart search function in our header. The search works well, however is it possible to change the description inside the search box? I would like to change the description from “search for posts” to “search” so that a site visitor will not think that the search function is restricted to “posts”. Thanks.

Hello,

You can translate/rewrite all theme and plugin texts via PO file in WordPress. Here is a video tutorial that should help you translate your website texts with a Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgKKv0oexGHzpWBg1imvrval&index=3

Please check the video tutorial to see how to save the translation file correctly. You can remove the plugin and translations would remain. Also, translations would remain after each theme update.

In order to translate the WooCommerce strings, you need to create a separate translation in Loco > Plugins > WooCommerce in the same way as shown in the video.

Best Regards

mike@karo.com.au
    Participant

Hi Elise
    I have tried this plugin and I can’t get it to work. Is there any other way to simply change the description of the search function from “search for posts” to “search”?
    Regards

Hello,

Loco plugin is the only way to replace the text correctly. Please insert the site admin access into the Private content below the message area. We will take a closer look at the case.

Best Regards

mike@karo.com.au
    Participant

Hello,

Please follow the video tutorial to rewrite the theme. You can also use this manual: https://localise.biz/wordpress/plugin/manual

Please clear the cache each time you add a translation.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)