Home Forums WoodMart support forum WOODMART SPEED PERFORMANCE (SHARING EXPERIENCE)

WOODMART SPEED PERFORMANCE (SHARING EXPERIENCE)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Mike
    Participant

Hello to all of you, we would like to share our experience with the Woodmart Theme, first of all i would like to say a big thanx to the xTemos Team for such a great work and support all of this time, so Thank you!

i would like to clarify that our eshop it is hosted on a dedicated server machine (this is must for enyone who want to setup an eshop website) the server is 100% optimized and bulletproof security (security is the most important) we achive the best results after a lot of work and settings.

Some informations about our web enviroment

Wordpress: 5.2.4
    Woocommerce: 3.7.1 (soon we will update to 3.8)
    Plugins: a lot of them (40+ in numbers)
    Google analitycs: yes
    Real time chat Plugin: yes
    Cache Plugin: Yes
    and many many custom overides and custom plugins.

im sorry for hiding the url.

on atachments are speed tests results.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

horny_fungus
    Participant

It is much more interesting to see your Google Page Speed mobile score 😉

Mike
    Participant

sure, but keep in mind that we don’t use any AMP plugin or technology, the mobile version its just the Woodmart mobile responsive optimizations!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing your success! The issue of loading speed is vital. You are welcome to share the experience in detail for other users, what caching plugins have you applied, and more details. That would be very helpful. And one little request, please translate the pages in English before making a screen.

Best Regards

Mike
    Participant

sure thank you,

We are use Swiftperformance Cache Plugin, the other omtimizations work are made by our own so its difficult to explain what custome codes we have made, if anyone need specific information you are welcome to ask

horny_fungus
    Participant

Great mobile performance for WP + Woodmart indeed!
    Did you do something to strip down amount of JS and CSS. To me it seems the most difficult task which can’t be achieved via installing some plugin or using code snippet. Google simulates rather low performance smartphone (Moto G4) for their tests which means that any site with big amount of CSS and JS will be slow even if properly optimized.
    From what Google pagespeed mobile score you started? I mean what was the score without optimisations?
    Also your requests number tells me that you are using resources concatenation. Do you think it still has any benifits in HTTP/2 era? In my opinion although recommended everythere concatenation doesn’t help at all now, actually it makes performance worse for slow connection with big delay.

Hello,

We suggest to Include minified CSS and Include minified JS and Combine JS files in the Theme Settings > Performance

Besides you can disable the styles which you do not use in Woodmart > CSS generator.

Finally, Cache plugins suggest the configuration to do that.

Best Regards

Mike
    Participant

hello @pacman1917 at first days when we started with woodmart the speed score was great if you think that it is a theme with a lot of modifications and also on the past they have some really heavy plugins .eg Redux framework, Yith Wishlist and so on, since they remove those plugins and they made their own code the theme was made super fast, so at the beggining our score was around 20-22 points for mobile version and 44-52 for desktop (keep in mind that those scores came with standard woodmart plugins and we add just the products (3-4k products) without any modification, so the woodmart theme its a super fast even without any custom optimization

horny_fungus
    Participant

@alfashop, thank you for sharing your experience, I was able to reach decent speed results, but I am struggling with live-chat.I tried adding Facebbok live chat and was absolutely shocked. The results were unbeleivable: JS + 800 Kb, total page size + 100%, load time + 150%. So only this freaking chat takes more time to load than my whole home page. Therefore I want to ask what live chat are you using?
    Also what’s the DOM number shown by Google PSI mobile?
    I was able to get 65-70 Google PSI mobile with DOM number 1800 and I believe that it’s hardly possible to get better results with such a huge DOM tree, so this number has to be reduced somehow.

Mike
    Participant

hi we not keep in mind the results of google speed, insteed we use gtmetrix and a clean browser with cache off for loading speed testings, at this moment i can’t remember the dom size actually but i can tell for sure that was more than 2k. we are use TIDIO Chat because its the only one that is lightwhight in compare with others, i will suggest you to not use facebook messenger as chat plugin all we know that this chat can slow down the website by 80% so don’t use it, also if you are use woocommerce try to keep only woocommerce official plugins even if some they are not advanced as we want. at this moment we have almost 40 plugins and 30 are from woocommerce official releases. try not to use slider revolution, insteed you can use the woodmart slider. also try to use the swift performance cache plugin if its feet on your needs. one more thing don’t use CDN!

horny_fungus
    Participant

Thank you for your advices. Why do you think CDN is bad?
    I know it can lead to slightly bigger downtime, also load time can be worse for those visitors who receive uncached version of page (around 50%). But this is true for caching in general.
    According to my tests cached version of page is loaded faster from CDN, while loading uncached version takes the same time.
    All in all I think CDN benefits still outweigh it’s disadvantages.

Mike
    Participant

well when something it dosen’t give you what its promise then its bad! we have try many cdn services and on most of them we get more problems than benefits as an eshop, so i can talk about eshop if a cdn can give you any benefits and the answer its no, at last in our case. also i think that is better to setup and optimize the server for caching control and other speed optimizations in compare with plugins, yes the plugin can give you some advantage but its not something big. you can hire a expert on server optimization and he can make your website flying without any cdn and cache plugin. we will soon remove the cache plugin as we are very close to get the same results with or without plugin

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)