Home Forums WoodMart support forum Woodmart theme – Yoast SEO

Woodmart theme – Yoast SEO

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Gboerlage
    Participant

Hi,

I have a question. I want to use Yoast SEO but it seems to conflict with my woodmart theme in a way.

I use thumbnails for my catogories in woocommerce. Under de product styles I use ‘Show summary on hover’

When activating the yoast plugin, my productstyle is inflicted. Categorie is suddenly displayed under de thumbnail and number of products also. The style is in other words corrupted. Any idea how to restore this fault.

I deactivated the plugin for now. But want to use it so hope someone can help me.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

Yoast SEO is compatible with WoodMart we get such issue for the first time.

Please deactivate all the plugins except these ones:

Slider Revolution
    WPBakery Page Builder or Elementor
    Woodmart Core
    Contact Form 7
    MailChimp for WordPress
    WooCommerce
    Safe SVG
    Yoast SEO

If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

In case, the problem remains, even after all the plugins are deactivated, provide your site admin access (insert the site credentials into the Private content block under the message area) and confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, switching to the parent theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back, however, the site would be without plugins for 15-20 min. You would better make the full backup of your site.

Best Regards

Gboerlage
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve tested by deactivating all plugins but the ones you mentioned. De problem remains..When activating Yoast, the categorie layout of my theme changes. Please help my bij analysing. Below my credetials.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins except these ones:

Slider Revolution
    Elementor
    Woodmart Core
    Contact Form 7
    MailChimp for WordPress
    WooCommerce
    Safe SVG
    Yoast SEO

If the problem has gone, activate the plugins one by one, checking the issue to detect which one causes the problem.

Best Regards

Gboerlage
    Participant

Hi there,

Already tried this. With al plugins deactivated, problem still remains

Hello,

I have changed the settings in the Theme Settings > Performance > PLugins. https://gyazo.com/c4694377b07fe22bcb652692178c2405

Now when I activate Yoast SEO it works well. Most likely Yoast SEO is not compatible with Eelementor Pro. If you see any problems with CSS or animation in Elementor, then change these settings Theme Settings > Performance > PLugins and try to deactivate Elementor Pro it should work.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Gboerlage
    Participant

Hi there,

It is still there. When I make a change (any kind) to de woodmart theme, then problem comes back. I chut down Elementor Pro but no luck.

Could you please check again if ím missing something?

Hello,

Please clear the browser cache and try again: https://gyazo.com/39c84eef4c587628575db8b957276000 and https://gyazo.com/75b6b954e301b0ef663bff1dd61037e9

If the problem remains, please describe the steps on how to reproduce the problem.

Best Regards

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Elise Noromit.

Gboerlage
    Participant

Good evening,

I’ve tried to clear cache and also with an other browser. Problem still comes up. But it isn’t all the time. I don’t know exactly. It happens every now and then after switching van directory.

Hello,

Please provide two screens with the activated and deactivated the plugin.

Best Regards

Gboerlage
    Participant

Hi, I uploaded a file with screen shots

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please add this snippet to the functions.php of the child theme:

add_action(
    	'wp',
    	function () {
    		if ( ! function_exists( 'YoastSEO' ) ) {
    			return;
    		}

remove_filter( 'category_description', [ YoastSEO()->classes->get( Yoast\WP\SEO\Integrations\Front_End\Category_Term_Description::class ), 'add_shortcode_support' ] );
    		remove_filter( 'term_description', [ YoastSEO()->classes->get( Yoast\WP\SEO\Integrations\Front_End\Category_Term_Description::class ), 'add_shortcode_support' ] );
    	}
    );

If there are any problems, let us know.

Best Regards

Gboerlage
    Participant

Hi,

I tried your suggestion and in looks more stable. Yet is still ocures from time to time. Some pages it helps refreshing and it’s gone. Other pages it happens time after time. Had to shut it down again. Could you please check my settings again and maybe other suggestions.

Hello,

Please try to clear the cache, it is strange, that some pages work and some do not.

Best Regards

Gboerlage
    Participant

Yes, indeed it’s strange but it’s the case. Well I’ve tried to copy the snippet to the functions.php of the Woodmart theme itself (thus not the child). This does the trick. It seems the solution. Do you know what to do to make it work in the child theme?

Hello,

You would better move the code to the child theme not to lose this code during the next theme update. When you add the customization to the child theme, it remains after the update.

If you do not want to install and activate the child theme, save this code and add it to the functions.php of the main theme after each update.

Best Regards

Gboerlage
    Participant

problem is, when I move it to the child theme, it doesn’t work. It only works with the main theme.

Hello,

Perhaps you add the code incorrectly. If the code works on the parent theme it should work on the child as well.

Do you activate the child theme when you add the code? The child theme should be activated.

Best Regards

Gboerlage
    Participant

Thanks, I didn’t noticed that the snippet in the child had a minor fault. Solved!

You are welcome! We are here to help.

Wish you a wonderful day!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Woodmart theme – Yoast SEO’ is closed to new replies.