Home Forums Basel support forum Fails both on auto & manual update

Fails both on auto & manual update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Dpi-cosmetology
    Participant

Hello,

As described in the instruction found at:
    https://xtemos.com/docs/basel/update-theme/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Dpi-cosmetology
    Participant

I tried to automate updates of the theme using this tool.

However, as I found out, the tool was constantly returning errors (as shown in screenshot attached) and was not able to update the theme even though it worked perfectly with other plug-ins & even WP itself.

I tried to update the theme manually (clicking on ‘update theme’ in WP UI), and also got error:

PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

So, the only way to update the theme was actually to uninstall babel and then install it again.

However, if I’ll need to it each time like that, it’ll be extremely hard for me to maintain it up to date. The behaviour is the same on all 3 subdomains that I use.

Could you please help me with establishing auto updates?

(Sorry for splitting message in two parts, my original message got deleted, so, this time I tried to avoid it).

Best regards,
    Igor Bykov

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site and provide your admin access as well as FTP into the private area.

Best Regards

Dpi-cosmetology
    Participant

Here it goes.

However, please, act no earlier than Monday (11 of March) at 9:00.

Dpi-cosmetology
    Participant

The time zone is Barcelona, Spain (GMT +1)

Hello,

The theme has been updated on all three sites.

Best Regards

Dpi-cosmetology
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you, does that mean that the next time my plug-in will be able to update the theme automatically?

Best regards,

Hello,

Next time try to upload automatically, if the attempt fails, try to upload new version via Themes > Add new in Appearance. You need to deactivate the current version and delete. before uploading the new one. Do not forget to make the full backup of your site.

If you have any problems, contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)