Home Forums Basel support forum 2 categories in shop page

2 categories in shop page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

eva_vanderlinden
    Participant

Is there an option to show more than one category section in the shop page? (separate category lists)

I also want to know if it is possible to show the counters only in the subcategories, but not in the parent category.

Another question: how to change the counter format (it appears as an index, I want it to be at the same height as the text).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

1. You can assign a product to a few categories, however, you can select one category only.

2. Please provide your site admin access I will check if it is possible with custom CSS.

3. I will also check this issue.

Best Regards

eva_vanderlinden
    Participant

Hi Elise,
    See my answer in private content.

Hello,

You can assign the product to any number of categories https://gyazo.com/53684614157a69ce31f16943d24b43f6

Is there an option to show more than one category section in the shop page? (separate category lists) – you can show all the categories in the shop page. You can configure that in Appearance > Customize > Woocommerce

Please add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

.widget_product_categories .count {
        vertical-align: top;
    }

Best Regards

eva_vanderlinden
    Participant

Hi,
    I tried to includ the categories in the shop page sidebar using two different ways:

1. Using the widget “navigation menu [categories_shop]”, but with this method I can’t include the counters. Is there any option to include the counters on the child categories?

2. Using the widget “Product categories”, but with this method the child categories are not displayed by default, only until the user opens the category lists, and only one list at the time. I want the child categories to be displayed by default. Another thing is that the counters on the parent categories shouldn’t be displayed as they are confusing. (I want the parent categories to function only as a title.) I only want the counters to be displayed with the child categories

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

There is no option to show child categories and counts at the same time. There is a configuration to show in the drop-down, have a look at it: https://prnt.sc/sz22i9 the disadvantage is that all the categories are hidden till the user clicks.

Best Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)