Home Forums Basel support forum 2 pages on WC also if "load more" on

2 pages on WC also if "load more" on

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Giulio
    Participant

Hi there, I have an issue with WooCommerce and the “load more” feature with only 85 products. I do not understand why WooCommerce keep alive the second page on the shop page, category pages and some tag pages. Thanks a lot!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

500 Internal Error says about some issue on the server and can be caused by different things. Anyway, to understand its nature you need to see your server error logs or enable PHP error display on the website. If you can’t do this, you need to contact your hosting provider for help in this question. Here is an article that may help you understand the error better http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-internal-server-error-in-wordpress/

Regards

Giulio
    Participant

I updated WP Visual Composer, your XTEMOS Post Types plugin and WC and all the web site crashed. I had to disable all and re-activate all to fix the issue. Could you answer to my question now, please?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we said, 500 server error may be caused by a lot of things. You need to check your PHP error logs or contact your host for help in this situation. What second question do you mean?

Giulio
    Participant

The error 500 is solved. It was been a temporarily accident! I do not need any comment about that. I would like to ask you to answer to my first message, please. That one about WooCommerce. Thank you!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please, describe to us your problems in a bit more details. Attach some screenshots and provide us with a list of steps on how to reproduce it on your website.

Thank you in advance.

Giulio
    Participant

As I explained in my first message, I have an issue with WooCommerce and your theme. I set the feature “load more” – and so the products should be all in only one page – but the 85 products are splitted in 2 pages. As you can see on the links below.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We just tested your shop page but don’t see any problems with this button https://gyazo.com/e90d308588906c53bee59436245b1a61

Giulio
    Participant

I know that there isn’t any issue with the button “load more”. But why WC keep alive 2 pages? The Google crawler surf into 2 pages, not one, splitting the page value. Why?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Actually, it keeps all the pages 2,3,4 etc. This button just replaces standard pagination but WooCommerce pages are still there.

Giulio
    Participant

Oh, no! 😕 Is there a way to delete pages that we do not use? 😀 Something like a snippet…

Giulio
    Participant

Maybe setting the number of all products in the theme option? 85 products instead of 15?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

If you will set 85 then all products will be displayed on the page. The theme doesn’t influence this functionality in WooCommerce.

Giulio
    Participant

I understand. So WC always will hosts 15 product for each page by default?

Giulio
    Participant

add_filter( 'loop_shop_per_page', 'new_loop_shop_per_page', 20 );

Could it help me?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can change a number of items per page via Theme Settings, without additional PHP code.

Giulio
    Participant

I tried it, but in that way all 85 products appears in a single page 😄 Maybe I explain my idea in a bad way. I would like continue to use the “load more” feature, but I’d not want to see anymore a lot of pages related to the shop. Maybe is not possible… in that case please tell me it.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

I’m afraid it is not possible. Actually, “Load more” button just loads products from second, third.. pages. So you can’t remove this functionality from WooCommerce.

Giulio
    Participant

Ok, thank you.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘2 pages on WC also if "load more" on’ is closed to new replies.