Home Forums WoodMart support forum 3x WoodMart Qs – Additional Info / Size Guide & Category Icons

3x WoodMart Qs – Additional Info / Size Guide & Category Icons

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

ShakerMaker
    Participant

Hi,

Really like the theme! Have a couple of questions if that’s ok?

1. How do I relabel the ‘Additional Information’ product tab? I’d like to switch this to ‘Product Specification’.

2. How do I change the ‘Size Guide’ label on a product? I’d like to switch this to ‘Measuring Guide’.

3. I’ve uploaded an SVG as a category icon, but it’s making that menu item higher with spacing below it. Can you inform me what I’m doing wrong here please? Screenshot of this is attached.

4. How do I edit the product description layout? This currently have lots of content in this, some of which I’d like to remove.

5. Is it possible to turn off reviews on all products, instead of having to edit this tick box on all individual products?

Thanks in advance,
    ShakerMaker

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

1. Addition information (Shopping and Delivery) tab is edited in the Theme Settings > Product page > Tabs. If you mean Additional tab with the product attributes:

You can translate/rewrite all theme and plugin texts via PO file in WordPress. Here is a video tutorial that should help you translate your website texts with a Loco Translate plugin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls&list=PLMw6W4rAaOgKKv0oexGHzpWBg1imvrval&index=3

Please check the video tutorial to see how to save the translation file correctly. You can remove the plugin and translations would remain. Also, translations would remain after each theme update.

The same relates to # 2

# 3 You need to open your SVG icons file with some editor like Sublime Text or default system text editor and add width=”31″ height=”40″ attributes to your <svg>tag like it is shown: http://prntscr.com/m4n0qw
    Then you will need to re-upload your icons in WordPress Dashboard.

# 4 The product description content can be rebuilt with a page builder (WP bakery page builder or Elementor. You can add an extra content block to the page, here is the demo: https://woodmart.xtemos.com/shop/furniture/eames-lounge-chair/ and https://woodmart.xtemos.com/shop/furniture/ornare-auctor/ these blocks were built in Dashboard > HTML and the HTML block ID shortcode is added to the Extra content block: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/product-page-options/#local_settings

# 5 You can disable the reviews in the Woocommerce > Settings > Products.

Best Regards

ShakerMaker
    Participant

Hi there,

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

1 & 2 – Regarding points one and two, just to clarify, I’m not looking to change any language, merely just rename the ‘Size Guide’ and ‘Additional Information’ labels to a different name. Your instruction links to a YouTube video which shows replacing some English text with Russian, which isn’t what I’m looking to do unfortunately.

3 – This worked great. Thank you. Do I need to do the same for the white “Image (icon) for categories navigation on the shop page” logo? Same dimensions?

4 – Thanks for this, although I’m still not sure how to edit this. Just to clear, I’m not wishing to add extra elements to this description tab, merely tidy up the current content. The screenshot attached is the content I’m referring too. Is this an already built html block which I can edit?

5 – That’s great. Thank you.

Thank you,
    ShakerMaker

Attachments:

Hello,

# 1 and # 2 The only way to change the text is by using this plugin and just rewrite the strings, you can delete the plugin and the changes would remain. Just follow the video tutorial.

# 3 You need to do it with all the SVG which have the problem.

When you insert the content in the Product description without any builder, you would get plain text. If you want to build a template, you will need to use the builder. Here is the video tutorial that would help you to arrange your content: https://wpbakery.com/video-tutorials/

Best Regards

ShakerMaker
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Regarding the svg query above, I have managed to sort this on the white icons, but the grey menu icons are driving me mad. When I upload one, and then repeat the exact same on the next, they display differently – either too small or with the gap below it again.

I have attached one of the unedited icons. Are you able to make the edit to this one and send it back over? Then I can just follow that pattern with the remaining icons, also editing these in Sublime Text.

Many thanks,
    Stewart

Attachments:

Hello,

You need to open your SVG icons file with some editor like Sublime Text or default system text editor and add width=”31″ height=”40″ attributes to your <svg> tag like it is shown: http://prntscr.com/m4n0qw
    Then you will need to re-upload your icons in WordPress Dashboard.

Best Regards

ShakerMaker
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Unfortunately I don’t think you’ve read my previous message – you just keep telling me the same thing over and over. I’ve attempted to follow your instructions, but this only works sporadically. If you could alter the icon I sent over with the width/height, I can upload and test this. If this works, I can follow the format with the others.

Kind regards,
    Stewart

ShakerMaker
    Participant

Another question please Elise – how do I reorder the featured categories on the homepage? I’ve found how to select the five I want, but this just automatically reorders them alphabetically. Attached is the area I’m referring too.

Kind regards,
    Stewart

Attachments:

Hello,

I am checking the SVG you have attached I do not see the width and height inside.

You can find the option inside the Product Category menu. https://prnt.sc/vyem7v

Best Regars

ShakerMaker
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Once again you’ve not read the message I sent. My message above clearly says:
    “If you could alter the icon I sent over with the width/height, I can upload and test this. If this works, I can follow the format with the others.”

However, I have edited the attached as you instructed and this appears tiny in both the back and front end. I’ve tried with and without the px after the 31 and 40 as well, so it’s not that.

Can you please help with the next reply, instead of just palming me off.

Kind regards,
    Stewart

Attachments:

Hello,

31 and 41 are the example, you can set any width, I do not know what width and height fit you, that is why I do not change, please have a look at the screen, here is if you set 100 https://prnt.sc/vymo9m

Increase the size as per your needs or tell me what size do you want I will set it for you.

Best Regards

ShakerMaker
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Referring back to question one on this thread – unfortunately the Additional Information tab did not change during the loco translate.

The other edits I made did work, but not this tab label. Any ideas?
    Screenshot attached to show this change made.

Kind regards,

Attachments:

Hello,

Please navigate to the Theme Settings > Product page > Tabs and replace the content there.

Best Regards

ShakerMaker
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Did you read the above reply?

Nowhere on the ‘Theme Settings > Product page > Tabs’ is there an option to rename the ‘Additional Information’ tab. Screenshot attached. I’m talking about the second tab which appears by default listing the attributes.

Attachments:

Hello,

The product page may have 3 Additional tabs.

1. Provided by WoodMart globally, configured and translated in Theme Settings > Product page > Tabs. Most often you will see the HTML ID of the block, Please find this block in Dashboard > HTML and replace the content as per your needs.

2. Next Additional tab is provided in the Product page settings: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/product-page-options/#local_settings this tab appears individually on each product. It is translated inside the Product page, you need to replace the title and content.

3. Additional tab provided by Woocommerce, it contains attributes assigned to the product. The title of the tab is translated in Loco > Plugins > Woocommerce.
    Attributes are not translated in Loco, it is necessary to create the attributes from scratch if you need to change them.

Loco is a translation plugin. It allows translation themes and plugins from one language to another, and it allows the rewrite of the strings in the same language. You need to choose the same language that is your site is set and translate. This plugin advantage is that after theme and plugins update all your changes would remain, and you can delete the plugin as soon as you have completed the changes. This is the only safe and correct way to rewrite the strings.

Is there anything else we can do for you?

Best Regards

ShakerMaker
    Participant

Hi Elise,

This was all I needed here:

“3. Additional tab provided by Woocommerce, it contains attributes assigned to the product. The title of the tab is translated in Loco > Plugins > Woocommerce.
    Attributes are not translated in Loco, it is necessary to create the attributes from scratch if you need to change them.”

Issue solved in 30 seconds.

Thanks very much.

Hello,

Happy to help you. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘3x WoodMart Qs – Additional Info / Size Guide & Category Icons’ is closed to new replies.