Home Forums Basel support forum 404 page and privacy policy disappearing

404 page and privacy policy disappearing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Giulio
    Participant

Hi Elise, I really would like to ask you why sometimes after the update the privacy policy previously selected or the custom 404 selected disappears from the selection inside the theme setup page. After every update we need to check it if they disappeared or not. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Why? And how we can to avoid that it happen? Thanks a lot.

Hello,

Do you have the problem when you update in Dashboard > Appearance > Themes > enter the theme > press “Update”?

If you deactivate/activate theme during the update pages may reset as well as widgets. It may happen regardless of the theme.

Best Regards

Giulio
    Participant

We usually update the theme by Dashboard > Home > Updates. It works automatically, so we do not deactivate/activate the theme. Depends on what?

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme before updating, update the theme and check

By default, the automatic update does not influence the settings and does not reset any configuration

Best Regards

Giulio
    Participant

I do not think that we’ll disable all plugins to update your theme, so we’ll continue with this problem, checking the pages every time. Please fix the issue! WordPress works with plugins, you can’t ask to disable all plugins to every update of your theme.

Hello,

We shall investigate the issue. We have not met any claims on such a problem. Sometimes I updated manually the theme and all the settings were the same. That is why I suspect some plugins influence.

Best Regards

Giulio
    Participant

Yes, it could be. I do not say no. Thanks for the feedback.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘404 page and privacy policy disappearing’ is closed to new replies.