Home Forums WoodMart support forum 508 Resource limit error: WPBakery + Yoast SEO?

508 Resource limit error: WPBakery + Yoast SEO?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

peter.forensys
    Participant

Hello,

When I try to save a page which is built by WPBakery Page Builder I see on cpanel 100% CPU usage, 100% memory usage (2 GB) and 20 processes running at the same time which is the limit (20/20 process). (attached usage.PNG) Therefore as a result my site stops working and give me an 508 resource limit is reached error and it does not save the page/post.

When saving a WPBakery page builder page or post I see a lots of admin-ajax.php in the cpanel process list. (see on attached processes.PNG) And If I look at the Network tab in Google Chrome’s DevTools when I save these pages or posts, I see a very lot of admin-ajax.php request, sometimes more than 70-80 I guess (I think its depening on how big is the page, how many WPBakery element it has) and more of these ends in an error, mainly 508 errors. (see on network.PNG) So saving a page or post built by WPBakery page builder causing too many processes which leads to server error 508, and I can see these admin-ajax.php request in the Chrome DevTools network tab too.

I figured out that I have a problem with WPBakery Page Builder and Yoast SEO activated at the same time.

When I turned off the Yoast SEO plugin and opened a page for editing built with WPBakery, I immediately noticed that there were not that many admin-ajax.php requests on the Network tab, only 7-8, and also on the cpanel at the running processes there were less processes running (only 8-9) at the same time. Then I saved the page and in the same way it was just 7-8 admin-ajax.php requests instead of the 70-80+ on the Network tab and on the cpanel it was also only about 7-8 process in the process list. So it seems like Yoast and WPBakery didn’t like each other. This is also confirmed by the fact that if I leave Yoast SEO plugin enabled and open a NON WPBakery page for editing – so I edit the page with classic editor – I still only have 6-7 admin-ajax.php requests in network tab and processes in cpanel process list and no 508 errors whiles saving the page. My only question is how to solve this? Because now I can’t use WPBakery page builder if Yoast SEO is activated.

I have a staging site if you want to test solutions. Just tell me and I will give you access. Thank you!

Peter

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, provide us your admin access and a link to the page where we can check this problem. We will check what those requests are generated by.

Kind Regards

peter.forensys
    Participant

Hello!

I provided data to the staging site.

Thank you!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please disable all external plugins that are not related to our theme?
    Please, clarify if you are talking about these AJAX requests? https://prnt.sc/10n380n

peter.forensys
    Participant

Yes these are. When I save a WPBakery page with Yoast SEO enabled. And this is causing me the problem, 100% sever resource usage.

It’s clear that this happens when Yoast SEO plugin enabed and saving a WPBakery builded page. But despite that you say it can be caused by a third plugin? I will check on it. Thanks!

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But we see these requests even when we just open the page for editing. We don’t click on the “Save” button. And as far as we know, they are standard WPBakery requests for all “Single image” elements on the page and it doesn’t depend on the Yoast SEO plugin.

peter.forensys
    Participant

Yeah there are a few requests by just opening the page even without Yoast SEO. But when you save the page there are much more requests which is causing a server overload with 100% CPU usage and eating up all the 2GB memory.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We see all these requests when opening your home page for editing even without the Yoast SEO plugin https://prnt.sc/10n380n
    It is how the WPBakery page builder works and we can change this behaviour. You can test it with other themes as well.

peter.forensys
    Participant

Well, now I just opened tha hungarian main page “Kezdőoldal” which is built by WPBakery builder and this is a big page with a lot of WPBakery elements in it. I got 44 request in 1 second and this is what the server can’t handle I guess. I don’t believe this is normal. I attached photo what I see when just opening that page. I think these are the requests I see on the process list in my cpanel (upper processes.png) We have a limit on the server with a 20 process running at the same time. But this is more than the double of it. No wonder why I see the 20/20 process list on my cpanel, because its actually a 44/20 only when opening a page for editing.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can test how it works with a default WordPress theme and WPBakery page builder without any plugins. Yes, it is how the plugin works and we see the same set of requests on our website as well.

peter.forensys
    Participant

But it is hard to believe that it is normal for a page builder to use so many resources, like more than 2 GB memory for example. I made some test now:

I switched to the classic editor, then saved the page. After that I tested how many admin-ajax.php requests opening and saving the page resulted in.

1. Opened the page with Yoast SEO plugin enabled:
    number of requests: 2

2. Opened the page with Yoast SEO plugin disabled:
    number of requests: 1

3. Saved the page with Yoast SEO plugin enabled:
    number of request: 3

4. Saved the page with Yoast SEO plugin disabled:
    number of request: 2

Then I switched back to the WPBakery backend editor, saved the page. After that I tested how many admin-ajax.php requests opening and saving this page resulted in.

1. Opened the page with Yoast SEO plugin enabled:
    number of requests: 43

2. Opened the page with Yoast SEO plugin disabled:
    number of requests: 19

3. Saved the page with Yoast SEO plugin enabled:
    number of request: 45

4. Saved the page with Yoast SEO plugin disabled:
    number of request: 20

I see from this that WPBakery using a lot of resource even without the Yoast SEO plugin activated but when Yoast is activated, opening or saving the page uses many more resources, more than my server can handle (20 processes maximum). At least I think these requests what I saw in my cpanel process list as processes (processes.png).

So I still don’t get it why WPBakery page builder using so many admin-ajax.php request with Yoast SEO plugin activated, because they use much less individually like you can see in the tests I made. There may be something I miss here but something isn’t okay with this.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please check how it works with a default WordPress theme? By doing this you will see if it is affected by our theme somehow.

peter.forensys
    Participant

I switched to Twenty Twenty-One default theme and yes, there is a big change in the number of requests.

When I changed to Twenty Twenty-One theme, I opened the same WPBakery built page “Kezdőoldal” (with Yoast SEO enabled like it should be normally) and I saw only 13 requests. Then I switched back to WoodMart theme and opened the same page again and I got 44 requests.

So it seems as Woodmart theme have such a bad effect on backend editing when we are talking about performance. What can be the explanation for this?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Probably, when you switch to the Twenty default theme, you have fewer images on the page. It happens because all our elements stop working.
    Try to do the following. Create an empty page and put there 20 random “Single image” elements. Then, count number of AJAX requests with our theme and with default theme.

peter.forensys
    Participant

I tried a page with 20 gallery images gallery elements. Number of request with just opening the page under different circumstances:

WPBakery editor + Woodmart theme + Yoast SEO enabled
    42 admin-ajax.php request

WPBakery editor + Default WP theme + Yoast SEO enabled
    2 admin-ajax.php request

WPBakery editor + Woodmart theme + Yoast SEO disabled
    21 admin-ajax.php request

WPBakery editor + Default WP theme + Yoast SEO disabled
    1 admin-ajax.php request

Yoast SEO is using 1 admin-ajax.php request with the default WP theme as it seen from the test 2. and 4.

What I don’t understand the difference in number of requests in test 1. and 3. Between test 1. and 3. the only difference is Yoast SEO plugin status. Its like if Yoast SEO is using 21 requests in this case when enabled. Why is there such a big difference in requests in test 1. and 3.? This is my only question here.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Probably, it doubles the content somehow. Sorry, but we don’t have an answer for this. You can ask Yoast SEO developers on this matter. Anyway, it doubles the number of requests no matter if our theme is enabled or not.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

And it looks like you used our theme element for this test. Please, test it with a standard WPBakery Single image element.

peter.forensys
    Participant

Hi! Sorry for delay.

I made the test with the standard WPBakery Single image element.

WPBakery editor + Woodmart theme + Yoast SEO enabled
    41 admin-ajax.php request

WPBakery editor + Default WP theme + Yoast SEO enabled
    41 admin-ajax.php request

WPBakery editor + Woodmart theme + Yoast SEO disabled

WPBakery editor + Default WP theme + Yoast SEO disabled

So the number of admin-ajax requests does not depend on the theme used If I don’t use woodmart theme element.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this information. Yes, these requests are generated by the WPBakery page builder. Our theme has no relation to this.

Kind Regards

peter.forensys
    Participant

Hi,

Yes. Well now I should find out why enabling Yoast SEO duplicates the number of these requests. Its like Yoast SEO would make a request for every WP Bakery request or something like that. I don’t know how these things work because I’m not an expert, but I would like to know why enabling Yoast SEO plugin is so resource intensive. But maybe Yoast already know the answer to that so I try to reach them. Thank you for your help.

Regards,
    Peter

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, you would better contact plugin developers for help on this matter. Let me know if you have any extra questions.

Kind Regards

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘508 Resource limit error: WPBakery + Yoast SEO?’ is closed to new replies.