Home Forums WoodMart support forum 6 colors & 12 sizes = 72 inputs / only 16 different inputs needed

6 colors & 12 sizes = 72 inputs / only 16 different inputs needed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

janice_summer
    Participant

Hi,

I have 6 colors & 12 sizes for one product.
    Under attributes, I have “color” & “size”.

For each size, there is another price.

However, the price stays the SAME for whatever color chosen.
    BUT, I have 6 different images for 6 different colors. AND : the image has to change when people click on the different color.
    The images for the 12 sizes do not change.

So now I use “VARIABLE PRODUCT”, and I use variations, to be able to input a different price for the different SIZES only.
    That works fine.

BUT … : I want to input 6 different images for the 6 colors, and this does NOT change the price.

PROBLEM: How can I only input 12 sizes with different prices, and 6 images for colors WITHOUT having to input 6 X 12 = 72 product variations ?
    => 12 sizes + 6 images = 18 inputs, that is reasonable.
    => 6 X 12 = 72 variations is absurd to input as this is unnecessary.

How can I achieve this ? Do I need a different plugin ?

Thanks

Hello,

You can add images to the product gallery of the main product (under the main image) https://prnt.sc/rsemuf and you can add images to the gallery to the product variation. https://prnt.sc/rsenb7

Best Regards

janice_summer
    Participant

Ok, that I already now.

I think you misunderstand the question.

I want visitors to see the image change when clicking on one of the 6 the “color options”.
    So this means I have to add it under “variations” and NOT the main image.

Problem is there are 12 sizes.

If I apply the technique you propose, I have to input :

6 COLORS X 12 SIZES = 72 VARIATIONS !

This is an idiotic amount.

There are only different prices for the 12 sizes, NOT for the 6 different colors

So please answer to the real question here.

I only need to input variations for:
    – 12 sizes with different prices
    – 6 images for different colors
    TOTAL VARIATION INPUT ITEMS: 18 inputs.<br>
    But now I have to input 6 colors X 12 sizes = 72 variations

You see the problem here ? There are only 18 inputs necessary, but your system asks me to input 72(!!) variations, and this is totally unnecessary, and highly inefficient for large webshops.

So what technique or plugin can I apply to only input 18 variations, and that people still can click on the “colors” and see the different images, and that people can also chose thie sizes with different prices.

Thank you for really looking into this, and not just providing basic woocommerce info that I already know 🙂

Hello,

When you add the attribute you have the option “To use attribute for variation” do not enable it for size. This is Woocommerce functionality, our theme does not influence or can change it.

Best Regards

janice_summer
    Participant

ok, you say do not enable “use attribute for variation” for size.

Then how can I add the 12 different prices for the 12 different sizes, that’s the main question I keep asking here ?

Hello,

You need to decide what attribute is the main: size or color: what attributes influence the price? Make a variation on sizes and do not make the variation on color, or you will have to do 72 variations. Our theme does not have any options to change the way of working.

Best Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)