Home Forums Basel support forum A question about shop styles and adding new tabs

A question about shop styles and adding new tabs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Linas
    Participant

Hello, i have several questions about adding some new stuff to Basel theme and changing the settings.
    1) I have seen an “Alternative shop” style in your demo, which i would like to use, but have no idea how to change my shop into that.
    2) How to change text for all the filters.
    3) How do i add new tabs to the single product page (where by default you have “description” and “reviews”)? I can’t seem to find options or files with that.

I am using default home page design.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for being with us.

1. There are a lot of options regarding shop page in Dashboard -> Theme Settings -> Shop and Shop page layout. You can play with them to make your shop look in the way you want.
    To make it similar to our alternative shop demo you need to change following options
    “Shop Layout” – with left sidebar (then add your widgets to sidebar in Appearance -> Widgets)
    “Products columns” – 3
    “Shop title” – On

2. What exactly texts you are talking about?

3. Unfortunately there is no such option in our theme. You should look for some plugin for WooCommerce to achieve this.

Regards

Linas
    Participant

1. I have added the sidebar and widgets into it. Now i don’t know how to remove filters from the top, where you had them by default and add product sorting there (like shown on “Alternative store”). I can’t find any sorting widget or anything like that or do I have to get that as some separate plugin?

2. I have successfully changed the titles of filters, but don’t know how to change the texts on buttons and text where it says “Price: $100 – $2000”. I want to change the word “price” into something else and on the same widget, i wanna change “filter” text (on the button)

3. I have found a plugin for that.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. You can disable filters area in Theme Settings -> Shop -> “Shop filters”. Also please watch our video about creating filters for products as on our demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp3SMkKvUvs

2. If you use default woocommerce price filters so you can translate them with plugin’s POT file. Here is a video tutorial how you can translate the theme with Loco Translate plugin. The same procedure with woocommerce translation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAFq1yTfWfU

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)