Home Forums Basel support forum About blog post template

About blog post template

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

freepreneur
    Participant

Hi few question about post post template.

1. for the social share buttons below each blog page, can we change the social icons appearing? I tried to edit the social tab of the theme option but it doesn’t work.

2. there is a function to enable related post at blog options, but when I enable it, no related post appear below posts.why?

thank you

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you so much for using our theme and contacting us.

1. If you want to change social buttons for your blog posts from “Share” to “Social profiles” links you need to override content.php file in your child theme and replace this code

<?php if( function_exists( 'basel_shortcode_social' ) ) echo basel_shortcode_social( array( 'style' => 'circle', 'size' => 'small' ) ); ?>

with this one

<?php if( function_exists( 'basel_shortcode_social' ) ) echo basel_shortcode_social( array( 'type' => 'follow', 'style' => 'circle', 'size' => 'small' ) ); ?>

2. Related posts are generated from blog posts with the same tags. Do you have multiple posts with the same tags?

Regards

freepreneur
    Participant

Hi, thank you.

Question 2 solved.

For question 1 , i want to keep the social buttons as “share”. However, some of the default social media like pinterest and twitter, I am not using them. Can I change the social media appearing and disable those i don’t use?

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

In this case you may need to edit inc/shortcodes.php file and modify basel_shortcode_social function where you can remove unnecessary social links. We suggest you to override this function in your child theme functions.php file also

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)