Home Forums WoodMart support forum ABOUT THE FEATURE "LOAD MORE BUTTON"

ABOUT THE FEATURE "LOAD MORE BUTTON"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Dear,

On my shop page, I show by default 6 products. To show more, I am using the “load more button” to display 6 more products at every click.

Step 1.
    Assume that I click 1 time on the button, it then loads the 6 additional products on top of the 6 default products.

Step 2.
    I click on the first additional product (so the product n° 7 on the page) to display its product page.

Step 3.
    I click on the back button in the internet browser.

AS IS :
    It reloads the shop page WITHOUT the additional products.

TO BE :
    It should reload the shop page WITH the additional products.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, load more button just loads additional products but the page is still the same and if you click on the back button you return to the shop page.

Kind Regards

horny_fungus
    Participant

I completely agree with theme author – this is inferior implementation of “load more” function. Actually it’s better to be avoided in current state because customers can be confused when they click back button and being moved to the very first page instead of the page where they clicked product icon.
    The proper way is to send user back to the exact place they clicked product icon and that’s how it is implemented on many ECommerce sites. Here the proper way via history.pushState() function is described – https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2016/03/pagination-infinite-scrolling-load-more-buttons/

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

For me, this should really be fixed to allow a support of the BACK button. Otherwise, it’s complete non-sense to send users back in a state where they were NOT. It’s completely not user friendly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)