Home Forums WoodMart support forum Add custom taxonomies to the search results

Add custom taxonomies to the search results

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

skyescott
    Participant

Hello.

On the top of each page, we have a product search bar. Here we allow them to search by product, <i>and</i> product categories. We have brands stored in a custom taxonomy of ‘product_brand’.

1) How can we allow these custom taxonomy results in the search as well?

2) What is the base search that’s being used here? Is it instasearch? it appears our modifications in the instasearch portal are applying to the results we see here, and it appears to look like instasearch. Am I mistaken?

3) The woodmart search bar Ajax seems to take over and replace any other search form i put on the page. Is it possible to have woodmart search on the normal top search bar, and have an entirely different search plugin running elsewhere on page?
    I’ve tried adding a different search plugin in a blog widget (see our hidden link staging site) but it gets overridden by the native search bar (instasearch? woodmart native? not sure)

4) If this is not achievable, how do we disable woodmart search functionalities site-wide, so we may replace it.

These are significant blocks right now, and we’d appreciate any solutions, ideas, or insight.

Thank you.

Hello,

Our theme does not have options to add custom taxonomy to the search, such may require complicated customization that is not covered by our support.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)