Home Forums Basel support forum Add Text Box Shadow.

Add Text Box Shadow.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jackbanister
    Participant

Hi there,

I was hoping to add a shadow round my text box like the option you have for the ‘single image’ in the option ‘image style – shadow’.

Basically I’m sitting a text box next to a a single image, they’re both the same size, and I’d like the shadow to run around the both of them.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please provide a screenshot of what do you want to achieve and link to the page where you are doing this.

Thank you.

jackbanister
    Participant

Screenshot

Hope this link to the image works ^

Basically through the options on off for the ‘single image’ element I’m able to alter the ‘image style’ and chose ‘shadow’. The ‘text block’ element doesn’t have this feature, though I’m sure there is some css I could put in, but I’m just not sure and cautious as I don’t want to much up the style!

So, as you can see from the screenshot (hopefully), the black and white image is surrounded by subtle shadow. I’ve joined the text block and image so they are sat side by side with equal dimensions.I’d just really like to know how to get the effect that the shadow is continuing around the whole row (image and text block).

Hope this makes sense!

jackbanister
    Participant

Damn, look like the link doesn’t work! what a noob…

I’ve just taken the site of maintenance mode so if you follow this link it’ll take you right to it.

http://sarakirkbyinteriors.com/?page_id=924

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Ok, we get it. Try to add Extra class for your text block custom-shadow and then place this code snippet into Custom CSS section in Theme Settings

.custom-shadow {
        -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 15px rgba(60, 60, 60, 0.16);
        box-shadow: 0 0 15px rgba(60, 60, 60, 0.16);
    }

Regards

jackbanister
    Participant

yessssss!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)