Home Forums WoodMart support forum Add to cart – mini cart functionalities are broken with WP Rocket

Add to cart – mini cart functionalities are broken with WP Rocket

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

maxgertzen
    Participant

Hi,
    I couldn’t find a solution in the forums, so I’m trying my luck here.

Recently, I optimised my website and installed WP Rocket. I have minification, delayed execution of JS files, and caching.

I’m facing two acute issues:

1. On clicking “Add To Cart”, the mini cart is not being opened, and the quantity in the cart icon is not updated. Also, the product doesn’t add to the mini cart (if you open it on click). Only when you refresh the page you can see the added amount.

2. When changing quantities in the mini cart, there’s an infinite loader on the product line, and nothing happens – it’s stuck. The network tab shows that the Ajax request is successful (200).

I’ve added all the documented exclusions related to your theme, which didn’t help. As well as excluding cart fragments of woocommerce, etc.

I see that when a user is logged in, this problem doesn’t occur – which means there is a 98% chance of a caching issue (no cache for logged-in users). So, probably, it’s a missing exclusion or incompatibility of your theme with caching mechanisms.

Unfortunately, I can’t deactivate plugins as you always request, as our site is live and has many visitors. Ideally, you can tell me which files/fixes must be added or excluded to fix this issue. I’ve also used your patcher to fix the cart fragments, which didn’t help.
    Maybe late at night, I can deactivate, but it’s far from ideal as we need a solution as soon as possible.

I’m adding FTP and WP user details.
    I’ll need to whitelist your IPs so you can access our website outside our country.

Please assist

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Currently, we are not able to visit your website and get the following error https://gyazo.com/343d9be9e2549121da9eb515333aa6aa
    My IP is 176.98.71.123

Kind Regards

maxgertzen
    Participant

Hey Artem,

I’ve whitelisted this IP – please try again.
    Let me know if it works or you need another IP listed.
    Also, do you want me to open access to the FTP for this IP?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we can see, there are some conflicts with installed plugins. If you can’t disable them on your live website, please, create a staging copy where you will be able to perform such kinds of tests.

Kind Regards

maxgertzen
    Participant

Created a staging site for you, adding details below.

Which plugins create the conflict?
    As I said – this is directly an issue of your theme with the WP Rocket cache because when the user is logged in – these bugs don’t happen (no cache for logged-in users, yet).
    So again – it’s about which file to exclude caching or delayed execution.

Your theme should work with caching plugins, especially a popular one like WP Rocket, so please advise.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but admin credentials seem to be wrong and we can’t log in on your staging website.

maxgertzen
    Participant

Hey Artem,
    Adding new credentials, please try again

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, keep all plugins that are not related to our theme (except WP Rocket) temporarily turned off. Also, you need to update the theme to the latest version.

maxgertzen
    Participant

Hi Artem,

Thank you for your ongoing support. Following your advice, I’ve temporarily deactivated all non-essential plugins and ensured the theme is updated to the latest version. However, I’ve noticed that the issue persists specifically when my custom plugin is activated (radical form plugin). This plugin is a React-based form implementation with a REST API and one wp-admin AJAX request. Notably, one of its requests triggers the wc_fragment_refresh event, which might be related to the issue at hand.

I understand the complexities involved and appreciate your team’s expertise in resolving such conflicts. Could you please provide further guidance on maintaining my custom plugin’s functionality while ensuring compatibility with the WoodMart theme and WP Rocket? Your insights would be incredibly valuable in finding a balanced solution.

Looking forward to your helpful response

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry, but our support doesn’t cover fixing problems that are caused by 3rd party plugins. We would be happy to help but we can’t know what exactly in this plugin can break this.

Kind Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)