Home Forums WoodMart support forum Add to Cart shows empty

Add to Cart shows empty

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

simontayler
    Participant

Hi there,
    When adding an item to the cart we found that the cart drop-down or slide out menu on the side shows blank. I have attached screenshots.
    I’ve tested it on multiple browsers and have tried the drop down cart and send panel option.
    The cart page does show the items but not in any of the Ajax options.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please check and set the same format of the shopping cart in both desktop view and mobile view of the Header builder.

It should drop-down in desktop and in mobile or it should be a sidebar in both. You have set different and that causes the problem.

Best Regards

simontayler
    Participant

Hi, I have set both as the same. I’ve selected ‘hidden sidebar’.
    Still the issue persists.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme and switch the parent theme, check the issue, if the problem remains, leave the plugins not activated and provide the site admin access to the private area

Best Regards

simontayler
    Participant

Hi there,

I did try this earlier. It didn’t seem to work. I’ve added details as requested.

Hello,

Please provide your FTP access we shall check deeper.

Best Regards

simontayler
    Participant

Hi there, please see below all the details you’ll need to access the site.

simontayler
    Participant

Hi spent the morning deactivating and testing plugins. I cleared caches and also switched themes. It seems something has gone wrong with the theme.
    Are you able to test and check on your side for me?
    I also sent through the FTP details etc.
    Please assist.

simontayler
    Participant

I disabled all plugins except Woodmart Core, Woocommerce and WP Bakery.

I switched Headers and the problem still persists. So am just updating of all that I have done. It doesn’t seem to be a plugin issue.

Hello,

We have checked and do not see any problems from the our theme side.

Please make the full backup of the site and check the issue on the Storefront theme.

Best Regards

simontayler
    Participant

Hi the issue is only with the Ajax cart. So I can’t check the issue with Storefront.
    It is a Woodmart issue.
    Please do this:
    1. Add an item to your cart
    2. browse to a new page
    3. click on cart icon and you’ll see the ‘drawer panel’ is empty

You can see example here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/089ptu0l65ccr2e/Video.mov?dl=0

Please help. We really need to get the issue sorted ASAP

simontayler
    Participant

I conntacted the host and they said the following:

Or to be more specific, it’s not just the same hosting environment. It’s literally the same server. And Edward is correct that all forms of server level caching are entirely off on staging so it is most definitely not related to any server level caching.

Usually when I see issues with fly out carts, it has something to do with WooCommerce’s get_refreshed_fragments AJAX call being disabled. Considering how good that AJAX call is at slowing down and/or knocking over websites for sites that have a lot of products and a lot of sales traffic, I’m not a particular fan of any bit of code that depends on it to run. Woo sort of designed that functionality to fall flat on its face under any kind of load and then encouraged everyone to use it (not a great thing on Woo’s part). You might check to see if you can find any code with get_refreshed_fragments disabled.

Here’s an article that says more about it. That’s a bit of a guess based on past experience. Not sure that it is related. But it seems plausible.
    https://www.webnots.com/fix-slow-page-loading-with-woocommerce-wc-ajaxget_refreshed_fragments/

Hello,

We have checked and do not see problem now. Have you changed anything?

Best Regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)