Home Forums WoodMart support forum Adjust column width and sizes in custom ‘shop page’ layout (Luke or Aizaz)

Adjust column width and sizes in custom ‘shop page’ layout (Luke or Aizaz)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Golden1
    Participant

Hello, I created a custom layout for on particular product category.

I feel that the side widget area is too wide, and causing the product archive grid to appear small and cluttered.

Instead, I want to adjust this custom layout so that the page appears (width wise) as the same as all of my other general default shop page’s.

I tried my best to use back end editor in WPBakery to fix this but I just cant figure it out, would you be able to go in and adjust it for me?

Thanks!

Hello,

Go to Layouts -> edit layout -> Edit Sidebar -> in the sidebar setting select the Advanced tab and add the custom width as per your need.
    https://ibb.co/GM2F4tF

Best Regards.

Golden1
    Participant

Hello thanks.

I did that, but when I click “preview changes” the page reload, the price filter widget is visible for a split second, and then disappears.

I made a screen recording for you, please advise.

Thank you.

Hello,

Ok I understand the issue, please share the WP admin login details of your site so I will check and solve the issue.

Please do not share the temporay login URL.

Best Regards.

Golden1
    Participant

okay, here you go

Hello,

Please disable the 2FA plugin or app from the site then I will check the site settings and give you the possible solution.

I am always redirecting to the user profile page.

Best Regards.

Golden1
    Participant

ok its disabled.

Hello,

Your issue has been solved. Please check after removing the browser cache.

Best Regards.

Golden1
    Participant

Hello thanks for that. I see it is fixed, however if I change the screen size (minimize, or manually drag to resize) the side bar disappears, and even after going back to full screen it doesnt not re-appear.

Please see attached screen recording:

Hello,

This is the incorrect way of site testing as it scales the elements. Please check the site on real devices and let us know if you have any issues.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Golden1
    Participant

I checked on real devices, but the main issue is that if a visitor is using a desktop browser and accidently minimizes the screen, or resizes it, the side bar permanently disappears until they refresh, and I dont believe that is a normal function.

Hello,

This is not the standard way of checking. Please check on real devices and send the screenshots.

Best Regards.

Golden1
    Participant

I am not checking, the side bar appears on mobile and ipad, but on desktop version it disappears.

Kindly provide fix.

Hello,

Go to Appearance -> Widgets -> In the shop page widget area you can add the available widgets and you will see the sidebar content.

Best Regards.

Golden1
    Participant

I see it there, but the price filter shows up sometimes, and other times does not.

Please see attached screen recording

Hello,

I have visited your site the filter by price is showing fine:
    https://ibb.co/VDZCFdH.

Sometimes, outdated or cached files can cause display issues. Clear your browser cache and check the issue.

Best Regards.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)