Home Forums Basel support forum Admin notification when user register

Admin notification when user register

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Mike
    Participant

Hello, i have a problem i want when a user is registered on the website to get a notification about it, but its not work. i have setup all mail settings correctly i tried with an external plugin but nothing. all the other notifications for customer side its working well, they get notified about when placing an order etc

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress theme like twentysixteen to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Regards

Mike
    Participant

i already check that, but it seems that not work neither on wordpress themes… i tried to change the mail address but nothing. its working all notifications except user registration

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

If it is not our theme’s bug then it may be caused by two things: problem with your server or problem with the plugin email configuration.

Mike
    Participant

ok… i will send email on my hosting provider maybe they can do something. also i will try it on localhost environment, and i will send the results. thank you!

Mike
    Participant

Hello, i talk to with my hosting provider and they started to investigate the problem, as they can see everything are fine like wordpress setup, email settings etc, also they install an smtp plugin to see if will be fixed but nothing. all notifications is working such as order details user information about they account etc, except the admin notification about new user registration. below is the message that hosting provider send me.

I have carefully investigated the case and registered a new user during my investigation. After the registration, I have received a notification email without any issues.

That leads me to believe that the issue is note related with our mail server but with the application itself. If the issue was related with the mail functionality on the server, email would not be sent to the registered user either.

That being said, I have tried different approaches to resolve the issue but to no avail. We are experienced in dealing with various hosting-related WordPress issues, but sometimes there are issues that require deeper investigation, which includes dedicating time and effort for debugging a problem, and this is usually best done by a professional developer.

i don’t know what to do this is very weird.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

I have carefully investigated the case and registered a new user during my investigation. After the registration, I have received a notification email without any issues.

Does it mean that when they tested the problem they got an email and it works well for them?

Mike
    Participant

i tried right now on my other domain and hosting provider and its the same thing, admin not get notified about new user registration. so same case on 2 different wordpress installations without touching any line of code i think that is theme issue or woocommerce issue, there is no other expalanation i think. so if you need login details tell me to provide them to on my 2 websites to see by yourself. thank you

Mike
    Participant

Does it mean that when they tested the problem they got an email and it works well for them?

no that is the notification that customer get about is account not the admin notification

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to use this code for WooCommerce, maybe it will help you https://gist.github.com/claudiosanches/755fbc92941830eebda46151fc57688f

Mike
    Participant

yes this code do the trick. but it supposed that wordpress or woocommerce should send this notification without adding a code on functions.php??

also how can i make this code to send me more informations about the user registered such as what password is generated, this is sended to the customer, but also i want to check what password they get.
    it would be perfect to get notification about

customer username
    what password they got
    registration date
    user role
    something like on the screenshot, its a plugin but it seems that not work with that code that you send me

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but we don’t have instructions for that. As we said, it is a WooCommerce problem and there is nothing we can do from our theme’s side.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)