Home Forums WoodMart support forum Advanced scripts controls and styles controls

Advanced scripts controls and styles controls

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

diogen
    Participant

I searched the documentation for info on this setting and how it can be used. Can you explain how it actually works?
    Here are my questions:
    1) Does adding the elements to the “Scripts never load” field actually stop them from being loaded on the frontend (scr. 1) or just enable the capability to choose from the three options “Always load-On Demand-Never load” (scr. 2) ?
    2) Let’s say I’m using about 10% of the theme’s capabilities and I think quite a few of these scripts could end up not loading on the front, which would drastically reduce the site’s load time.

It will be great to extend the documentation with any info regarding this scripts, so we can truly benefit from this option, such as some general guidelines, which script is for which element/functionality. Quite a few of them are clear about what they are for, but others are not. The same applies to Advanced styles controls in the Performance>CSS>Advanced section (scr.3).

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Yes, in this case, script files will not be loaded on your website even if they are required.

2. These scripts and CSS files are loaded only when appropriate elements are used or options are enabled. So you don’t need to configure these options at all. They are created for more advanced usage and for developers.

Kind Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)