Home Forums WoodMart support forum Ajax product tabs (anchoring back to the right place in the active tab )

Ajax product tabs (anchoring back to the right place in the active tab )

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

App8047
    Participant

Hi,

My main home page (essentially the shop, in a way) is using the Ajax product tabs. With categories in each their own tabs. When I select a tab and scroll down the page in this active tab, then click on a book, it opens the product page (so far, so good), but when I click on the breadcrumb it goes back to the home page (which it’s supposed to), but to the top of the page (wrong) and to the default first tab (wrong) and doesn’t anchor back to the active tab and where I had scrolled down to before I clicked on the product. (see flow in the attached screenshot).

Is there any way that it can go back to the active tab and at the same place when I had scrolled down to? Both on desktop and mobile? I’ve seen a similar feature with online newspapers which of course require a lot of scrolling to see all the headlines, that if you click on back on the browser or mobile, that it defaults back to the same spot where you were. Is this possible that it can default back to the active tab and anchor to the place where you were before you clicked on the product?

If not, do you have any other solution? I quite like the tabs and despite a lot of unavoidable scrolling, it does the job well and I don’t want to have the filters wih numbers 6/9/12 and a sidebar and things like this.

Is there a workaround for this? I’d like to keep the tab set up as it works for what I’m doing, I think.

Thank you for your help/advice/suggestions.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

If I follow you well, you have set one and the same page as Shop and Home page. This is incorrect; we recommend separating the pages and all the functionality would work.

The tabs are not linked by their nature, it is not possible to get back to the tab from where you started.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

App8047
    Participant

Thanks for the fast reply. I don’t use the Shop page (it’s in drafts) and not ‘hooked up’ to Woocommerce I just used the home page from the Ajax product tabs demo import. Is it necessary to have the Shop page active? It doesn’t make sense once the user has clicked on the product and opened the product page that when you click on the breadcrumb that it sends you somewhere else to another template. I see it does this with the bookstore template and all others that use the product tabs when you try and go back, the template it sends you to wasn’t where you originally were.

Is there any way I can get it to do what I’d like, if I change the template or something like that to the filtered view with the 6/9/12 and things even if it’s not as nice? I have a lot of books in each category, in one category around 100 (when it’s all done) and after clicking on the book and its product page, the user needs to be able be anchored back to where they were browsing before they clicked.

There must be a workaround for this somehow…. 🙁

App8047
    Participant

I don’t want and need sidebars, filters, colors or brands, product status,tags or any of that. They’re just books in different categories and all are in stock. I don’t need it to filter by price or popularity or rating as I can’t measure what is more popular than other books and people are more interested in the books and price is less relevant and impossible to rate without any customer reviews.

This probably the closest to what I want (i.e. just categories and load the books in each their category) on the right hand side.

https://woodmart.xtemos.com/shop/?opts=product_archive_layout_5

but when I category e.g. clocks it jumps to a different layout.

https://woodmart.xtemos.com/product-category/lighting/
    with annoying filters and a different view.

or like this
    https://woodmart.xtemos.com/shop/?opt=list_view

but when I click on the top categories it switches to a different layout again.

There must be a simple way of setting up something without all the other bits I don’t need….??
    That’s why I’ve used Ajax product tabs, it does what I want, but the breadcrumb link doesn’t go back to where it was and is tiring for the user to use the back button. And the ‘Back to products grid icon’ doesn’t go back to it either. But at least the Back button anchors back to the same place in the same tab. (but can’t guarantee it will work on all browsers, I’m using Firefox).

Do any of the other admins have any ideas or suggestions here??

App8047
    Participant

history.back()

What about this history back code, could that work? Since the homepage opens to the product page, then it should (hopefully) go back to the right place again…?

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

As for the shop page, it is necessary to have the shop page in Woocommerce to ensure the correct performance of the plugins.

You would better show the books on the product category page. You can configure or even create the product category page as per your needs. Please check these manuals: https://xtemos.com/docs-cat/woocommerce-layouts-builder/?theme=woodmart

Thus you can show the books on every product category page accordingly, and at the same time, you can show the Product Categories grid on the Home page: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/elements-and-widgets/

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

App8047
    Participant

Hi Elise, thanks for your patience. I’ve started to re-do a Shop page…but am already back in the ditch again. 🙁
    1) I’ve chosen a product archive layout for the Shop page (6 column grid, layout 1 from the demo layouts)
    2) Woocommerce Shop page is set to Shop
    3) Trying to do a similar navigation as the tabbed navigation with just links (mess here trying to link to categories…I’ll come back to that later)
    4). I’m trying to select 6 columns for the product grid, but it’s only showing 2. In Theme Settings it says 6, in Elementor I’ve chosen 6, but it only shows 2 everywhere.

What am I doing wrong…?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

When you create the layout, the Theme Settings Shop page options are not applied. Please make sure you have configured the condition properly.
    If the problem remains, insert the site admin access into the Private content below the message area. We will take a closer look at the case.

Best Regards

App8047
    Participant

I see now – that you chose the condition all Product Archives, where I stupidly chose Shop (made sense at the time!). I feel like I’m 100 years old and never used WordPress before.

Thank you so much for your help!

You are welcome! We are here to help.

Wish you a wonderful day!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ajax product tabs (anchoring back to the right place in the active tab )’ is closed to new replies.