Home Forums Basel support forum Ajax SHOP – add to cart button not working from time to time

Ajax SHOP – add to cart button not working from time to time

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author

milendch
    Participant

Hi guys!
    I am having very weird issue with ‘Add to cart’ button on product page.
    I am using TM Extra Product Options plugin and is working as a charm. However, sometimes / no idea why and how it is happening /, the add to cart button is not adding the product.

You can fill the form with random values try to add it in the cart. Sometimes it is not adding the product from the first time, sometimes after the third/fourth. There are no errors or sth like that to identify the problem. Do you have any idea how we can resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Try to disable AJAX add to cart option in Theme Settings -> Product page. It is not compatible with this plugin.

Regards

milendch
    Participant

Hi!

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, disabling the AJAX add to cart only works on Safari browser. On all other browsers are just refreshing the page and not adding the product to the cart 🙁

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress theme like twentysixteen to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Regards

milendch
    Participant

Hi!
    I think it is not a theme issue, since the add to cart works on products that don’t use the TM Product Extra Options.

On the other hand using AJAX add to cart makes the plugin work perfectly. The only bad thing is that sometimes it adds the product and sometimes it doesn’t. So I’m thinking that this is a theme issue regarding the add to cart AJAX. I forgot to mention that on the times it is not adding the product to cart it looks like it’s adding it for a second and deletes it from the cart… Not sure How to explain that better, but I hope you understand it.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, the problem with AJAX is a known issue and as we stated, it is not fully compatible with this plugin.

milendch
    Participant

I understand.

But as I explained it works perfectly with the plugin, we don’t face any issues etc. it is just the problem that it doesn’t add the item to the cart from the first time / not always /. There is no logic why is it not working, because there are no errors or stuff like that, so it is just happening at random cases…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Do you mean that even when this option is turned off? Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress theme like twentysixteen to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Regards

milendch
    Participant

As explained before, when the ajax add to cart option is disabled the tm product extra options is not working at all!!!

Plugin only works with ajax add to cart, but returns errors from time to time. That is I believe more a theme issue then a plugin issue, since it is working most of the times, and the problem is mostly on the add to cart.

Also as explained before, at those times that it isn’t adding the product in the cart, it looks like it’s adding it for a second and removes it immediately and says empty cart.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Actually, it should work without AJAX add to cart action since it is our theme specific option. Have you tested how it works with default WordPress theme where AJAX is absent too?

milendch
    Participant

Ok so yes it is working perfectly without the AJAX on twentynineteen theme. We just tested and everything is perfect there. So this means the issue is not with the plugin, but with the theme?>

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send us your admin access so we can compare how it works with Basel and default theme. Also, if you are using the child theme, check with the parent theme first.

milendch
    Participant

Sure thing. We tested with the Basel theme but it is still not working as it should be. Please see the details in private content for the logins and let us know once you finish working on our website so we don’t rewrite something you do.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We can’t access your dashboard https://gyazo.com/b1bcf61374946d9690ebfc87fb6ed5e4
    Please, disable external plugins first.

milendch
    Participant

Sorry about that, not sure why it happened. I disabled only the wordfence plugin, so you can log in. We can’t disable all plugins, because then we won’t be able to see why the TM extra is not working.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Disable all plugins except our theme’s one and TM. And we can’t log in with this password.

milendch
    Participant

Ok we will disable the plugins that don’t come with your theme.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, please, update the theme to the latest version too.

milendch
    Participant

When I go to the updates it doesn’t says that it requires update so I’m guessing it’s updated. I’ve set your account in English language for your convenience.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can find an instruction on how to update the theme in our documentation https://xtemos.com/docs/basel/update-theme/

milendch
    Participant

Ok so we have done that as well and it keeps not working. We spend by far 2 days of our time just to prepare you to login to our website and fix the issue with your theme. This is unacceptable!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But is it our problem that you sent us a wrong password first time? The second time your website access was blocked by the external plugins and we were not able to log in. Now you give us 1 star bad review when we even didn’t have a chance to check the problem. It is not very fair from your side.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We activated default WordPress theme and don’t see any custom fields at all https://gyazo.com/b6d0bedfc109e6e5651b5a439f8a4b30

milendch
    Participant

All of the passwords were working, we tested the user account before we send them to you. Perhaps you didn’t paste it properly or something like that, but that is not the reason. Then you make us do tons of things that you can do since you have logins…
    Sorry guys but your support is really bad, I would love to change my review if we can resolve this major issue. I am working with a lot of theme developers on themeforest and i’ve had such experience. Most of the developers just want logins and fix the issue right away, not trying to postpone by asking unnecessary questions.

Can you please look at the issue now? We lost enough time by far both yours and ours.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We activated default WordPress theme and don’t see any custom fields at all https://gyazo.com/b6d0bedfc109e6e5651b5a439f8a4b30
    How can we see how it should work with default theme? Also, update all plugins to the latest versions too.

milendch
    Participant

http://prntscr.com/o7vkoc can you please check now, and click this to fill the required from.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But how did you active this? We don’t see those fields when we activate Basel parent theme.

milendch
    Participant

The TM Extra Product options has 2 options to use hooks displaying the fields or to use the plugin default settings. Since we didn’t created special template for the default theme / which is completely unnecessary / we use the second option. When you activated Basel theme it’s the same because we’ve modified the product page to work in our case. You can copy the template for the product page from the child-theme.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Do you mean that the template should be modified to make it work? Is it possible to activate it without the modification? It may be the cause of the problem. The plugin should add fields using WooCommerce hooks, not with files customization.

milendch
    Participant

No i meant that we modified the template because we wanted to have another layout for the product page. The plugin uses hooks to display the fields, the only customizations in the product page php file are the layout adjustments, which doesn’t have anything to do with the AJAX problem, i believe.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)