Home Forums Basel support forum All the categoties showing on the top of category pages have gone.

All the categoties showing on the top of category pages have gone.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Satch
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you always for your swift reply.

Since the latest update to 4.0.0, the categories used to show on the top have disappeared. I somehow downloaded the new fashion template and lost all the settings. I have managed to get back to what they were but I cannot reinstate the category list that appeared on top. Please kindly advise.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, describe us your problems in a bit more details. Attach some screenshots and provide us a list of steps how to reproduce it on your website.

Thank you in advance.

Satch
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.

There used to be all the categories shown on the top of the page as circled in the attached screen shot.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can enable it in Theme Settings -> Shop -> Shop page layout. Maybe the page heading is also disabled for your shop page in Dashboard -> Pages -> edit shop page.

Satch
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. But I have checked the following settings. Still not change.

Theme settings>Shop page layout>
    Shop title/on
    Categories menu in page heading/on
    Show current category ancestors/on
    Show category neighbors if there is no children/on

I don’t understand what you meant about the following settings. Is this WP settings? Dashboard means WP dashboard?
    Dashboard -> Pages -> edit shop page

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, just found your shop page in Dashboard -> Pages -> All pages. Where all pages are created and managed. From there, you can also disable the page heading on shop page.

Regards

Satch
    Participant

Sorry, you lost me totally. I don’t know what you mean at all.

Where should I go to edit?

Is it not Basel Theme settings? Please refer the attached. I want the categories to be appeared on the top just like your dummy shop.

Regards,

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Satch
    Participant

Thank you for all your troubles! However, we do not use “shop” page. We have never had this page in use but all the categories used to appear on the top.

I have another question. I attached the screenshot showing the “SIGN IN” notice. How can we translate “username or email”, “No account yet?” and “Create An Account”? I have been using loco Translate plugin but these comments do not come out from Basel theme.

Attachments:

Eric Watson
    Participant

Hello,

Try to click on Sync button in Loco Translate. Please see screenshot http://prntscr.com/iustqi

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

Satch
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your swift advice! Sync worked!!

Have a nice weekend.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, you are welcome!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘All the categoties showing on the top of category pages have gone.’ is closed to new replies.