Home Forums Basel support forum Anchor and menu

Anchor and menu

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

In my menu, I want to add “Boutique”, not a new page, but a link to an anchor in my main page. I haven’t found how to achieve this.

How to create the word “Boutique” without creating a page ?
    How to place an anchor on a row (or a column ?) ?

Can you help me ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. You can add a Custom Link to your menu like this http://site.com/page#anchor_name

2. Then just create a row and fill ID field for it with the anchor name – anchor_name

Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

It works great but I have an empty white space between the header and the anchor-row.
    Is it possible to make it sick my header ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This is how our “one page” link feature works. It scroll to this element – 100px for better user experience. You can disable this option for this menu item to remove this gap and see the standard HTML anchor behaviour.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it possible to make it sick my header ?

Of course, I meant “stick” the header. :’-)

You can disable this option for this menu item to remove this gap and see the standard HTML anchor behaviour.

How can I do that ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

A problem I just see : the anchor “Boutique” on my main page works fine. But if I click on “Boutique” in the main menu of a product page, it does not work and shows a message “not found”. How can I fix this issue ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You need to change your link to be https://www.helenes.fr/#anchor_boutique to make it work from any other page through the site 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK for the anchor. It works now.

I still have this problem about removing the gap above the anchor (I wrote 2 messages at the same time on this post, maybe you haven’t seen the previous) :

You can disable this option for this menu item to remove this gap and see the standard HTML anchor behaviour.

How can I do that ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can disable it in Appearance -> Menus for this menu item

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, found. Thank you.

After disabling this option, the anchor was too high ; the title was disappearing under the header. I have had to adjust by creating a “fake” anchor row over my real title. Now it is correct.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome! “Fake” anchor is a nice workaround 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)