Home Forums WoodMart support forum Assistance Required for Translating Woodmart Theme to French

Assistance Required for Translating Woodmart Theme to French

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

lost.hinata
    Participant

Dear Woodmart Support,

I hope this message finds you well.

I would like to translate the entire Woodmart theme into French all at once. From what I understand, this should be possible, but I have reviewed the support documentation and still find the process unclear.

I have already downloaded the two files from this page: https://xtemos.com/glotpress/projects/woodmart/fr/french/, but I am unsure of what to do next. The instructions on the page are not entirely clear to me.

Could you please provide me with detailed guidance on how to complete the translation?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

lost.hinata
    Participant

Hello, please i need help for my problem

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi lost.hinata,

Thanks for reaching to us.

First of all, I’m really sorry have taken long time to reply you due to the weekend.

+ In order to change / translate words. Please make sure you synced the strings first before changing / translating WooCommerce, WoodMart Core plugins and WoodMart theme. You can refer to article

https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/theme-translation/

+ You are also need to select the language for the backend and theme settings for admin from the admin user profile, please edit the user’s profile and then select the language for that user it will show the same on the backend.

Regards,

lost.hinata
    Participant

Hello, sorry, but I still don’t understand, and this does not address my basic integration.

If I understood correctly, there is a special procedure that allows me to translate almost the entirety of WoodMart into French (mainly the front end, which interests me for my clients).

If this is the case, I have already consulted your page https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/theme-translation/, but it no longer helps me.

Could you please answer my two questions and provide me with a step-by-step procedure?

Thank you.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi lost.hinata,

To assist you in the best possible manner, I kindly ask that you please provide me temporary wp-admin info (wp-admin URL, username, password) to the Private Content area, this will allow me to thoroughly investigate and address your concerns more efficiently.

Regards,

lost.hinata
    Participant

Ok

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi lost.hinata,

Thanks for details.

I helped you to sync strings and there are many strings are non-translated. Please double check and translate these. Let me know if you need further helps.

Regards,

lost.hinata
    Participant

I would like to know what steps you followed, in order, please, so that I can reproduce them in the future. As for the rest, I will handle the translation with Loco Translate.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi lost.hinata,

Please watch our tutorial video for more details https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3NsDdMzsls

Regards,

lost.hinata
    Participant

You will write in English.
    Sorry, but I still don’t understand your information.

I have already installed your theme as a child version, so do I need to make my translations on the child theme, or will my translations disappear when I update WordPress?

Also, your entire client-side theme is in English, but I am in France, and I need the text to be in French.

What are the step-by-step instructions for a beginner to instantly translate the entire site into French?

lost.hinata
    Participant

Hello again :

You will write in English.
    Sorry, but I still don’t understand your information.

I have already installed your theme as a child version, so do I need to make my translations on the child theme, or will my translations disappear when I update WordPress?

Also, your entire client-side theme is in English, but I am in France, and I need the text to be in French.

What are the step-by-step instructions for a beginner to instantly translate the entire site into French?

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi lost.hinata,

First of all, I’m really sorry have taken long time to reply you due to the weekend.

To assist you in the best possible manner, I kindly ask that you please provide me temporary wp-admin info (wp-admin URL, username, password) and screenshots that illustrate the problem to the Private Content area, this will allow me to thoroughly investigate and address your concerns more efficiently.

Regards,

lost.hinata
    Participant

Dear Mr. Hung Pham,

First, I need you to answer my questions so that I can understand how to translate my website into French on the client side.

Question 1: Is it possible to quickly translate everything in bulk by importing a translation file into Loco Translate for your theme, which is currently in English, to switch it to the French version? If so, how can I do this precisely? I saw a page in your documentation that talks about downloading two files in the French version, but after that, the instructions are not very clear, and I don’t know what to do next.

I hope you understand that I am asking if it is possible to quickly make everything that is in English on the front office turn into French.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi lost.hinata,

I see that your site is now translated into French and the files were uploaded to languages folder https://prnt.sc/QIG7pXjsYoSS. Can you please let me know if the issue has been resolved?

Regards,

lost.hinata
    Participant

So, I’m not really sure how I configured Loco Translate because I didn’t fully understand your documentation… but it seems to be working. I click on Theme, then Woodmart Child (because I installed Woodmart Child to avoid update issues), and then I see in the overview two lines: French and french… one with 4807 strings, 4773 strings pending.

The line below labeled “French” shows only 4 and 4 in strings.

So I suppose I should be working with the first line.

If I click on the first line “French,” in the editor, I can translate source text into English. I understand this and I do it. It works.

Is this the correct method? Can you confirm?

BUT! There are still many parts on the front end that remain in English, so I need to translate them in the editor. Is this normal?

Because I had the impression that by importing a file, I could translate everything on the front end all at once?

Can you clarify everything without omitting any explanation so that I can close this ticket?

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi lost.hinata,

First of all, I’m really sorry have taken long time to reply you due to my National Day yesterday.

Yes, some elements (WPBakery) or widgets (Elementor), you need to edit it and change the strings inside these.

Regards,

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)