Home Forums WoodMart support forum Attribute Edit Gives 500 Error

Attribute Edit Gives 500 Error

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

fadedturbulence
    Participant

After creating a TOP level attribute (Products > Attributes, the category FOR the terms) when I try to click ‘Edit’ for the Attribute category, it gives a 500 whitepage error.

I’m certain it’s this theme as going to default/Twenty Nineteen theme I can edit the attribute category.

Something with the swatches maybe though i’m not sure as I can’t find anyway to see an error with the 500 instantly happening. There are no logs in cpanel either. Hopefully you can find the issue.

Using theme v3.8.1

Thank you in advance!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

500 Internal Error says about some issue on the server and can be caused by different things. Anyway, to understand its nature you need to see your server error logs or enable PHP error display on the website. If you can’t do this, you need to contact your hosting provider for help in this question. Here is an article that may help you understand the error better http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-internal-server-error-in-wordpress/

Regards

fadedturbulence
    Participant

Got the error to show using the debug lines in config. Hopefully this makes sense.

Only happens when I try to access the ‘Attribute’ EDIT. Creating new attributes and terms is fine, but trying to EDIT the top level attribute it throws this:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function wc_get_attribute_taxonomy_ids() in .../public_html/wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/admin/init.php:93 Stack trace: #0 .../public_html/wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/admin/init.php(65): woodmart_admin_script_local() #1 .../public_html/wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/admin/init.php(41): woodmart_admin_scripts_localize() #2 .../public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): woodmart_admin_scripts('') #3 .../public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #4 .../public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 .../public_html/wp-admin/admin.php(169): do_action('admin_init') #6 .../public_html/wp-admin/edit.php(10): require_once('/home/..../...') #7 {main} thrown in .../public_html/wp-content/themes/woodmart/inc/admin/init.php on line 93

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us your admin
    and FTP access so we can check it?

Thank you in advance

fadedturbulence
    Participant

Sure, only a few basic plugins are enabled and i’ve entered the info below.

Thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, update WooCommerce plugin to the latest version and disable all external ones.

fadedturbulence
    Participant

Generic answers, great. On my site, it has nothing to do with that (I also cannot update past 3.5.8 for compatibility reasons).

Switch to DEFAULT Twenty Nineteen and the ATTRIBUTES work as intended (WITH Woo 3.5.8).

Did you get the error I posted? Enable debug and go to Products > ATTRIBUTES. Click EDIT on any of the Attributes. I JUST checked again and it is only when THIS theme is enabled attribute editing doesn’t work.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, it misses the function that was added by WooCommerce since 3.6 version https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/blob/master/includes/wc-attribute-functions.php#L90
    That is why we asked you to update the plugin to the latest version. If you keep the theme updated, you have to keep also required plugins and WordPress updated as well.

fadedturbulence
    Participant

Sometimes updates are bad – conflicts and all. Sometimes it is best to wait a few weeks before updating major plugins (WooCommerce being ‘major’) to make sure other plugins get updated for the new ‘major’ plugin update (I have about 20 plugins just for Woo so I needed to make sure they would all work with 3.6).

I created an exact copy of the site (PS. a GREAT plugin for this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-staging/ ), updated everything and checked it all before updating live. Everything went well and you were right, it was that 3.6 was needed.

You may want to put for theme v3.8+ that WOO 3.6 is ‘required’ or you get these bugs. I did not know that (and others like me that like to hold off for a short time to make sure plugins are compatible).

In any case, thanks for letting me know it was because Woo was still on 3.5.x. So it’s all fixed.

Thanks again!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We suggest you update everything as bundles. So don’t update our theme without WooCommerce and vice-versa.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)