Home Forums Basel support forum Banner on category pages

Banner on category pages

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

IvyK
    Participant

Hi,

Our site is set to full width and we want to use category banners that are full width as well. On my screen the banner does not go across the whole screen, It is contained at the same width as the products. I’m fine with the products width, but I need the banner to be full width, not just hanging there in the middle, It’s not a good look.

I know It can be achieved with site being in full content width, but then the products are across the whole screen as well, and that is overwhelming on big screens.

Ivy

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Could you please send a screenshot and link so we can see it?

Regards

IvyK
    Participant

Sure!
    I think the full width would be visually much more appealing,this look doesn’t work very well, at least not on bigger screens, It looses the potential that banners can offer.
    The problem is even worse when you let’s want the sidebar. In that case, sidebar starts from very top, pushing both the banner and the products to the side, that really doesn’t work well.
    But if the banner can be independent of the products and allow true full width, It would then be fully functional for everyone.

Can you also tell me how to remove the cart/select options icon from the product hover, we use base effect.
    We do want favourite and quick view to stay.

Looking forward hearing from you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to edit the row containing the banner and set it to be “Stretch row and content”.

Regards

IvyK
    Participant

There seems to be a delay of 1-2 seconds to stretch across the whole screen.So, initially It opens at contained width and then after a second or two, It stretches to a full width.

What can be done so the page doesn’t jump like that?

Ivy

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It is how Visual Composer stretch rows work. Sorry, but there is no any fix for that.

IvyK
    Participant

Thank you, in that case I think we’ll use Revolution Slider instead, It opens a bit better.

Another question I had:
    Can you also tell me how to remove the cart/select options icon from the product hover in category pages, we use base effect.
    We do want favourite and quick view to stay.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can use this code snippet to hide it

.basel-add-btn {
    	display:none!important;
    }

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)