Home Forums Basel support forum Basel 3.9 a couple of problems

Basel 3.9 a couple of problems

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Vansaren
    Participant

On my server I have 3 app installed:

1. Main App
    2. Test App (clone of the main app where I test updates and plugins)
    3. Theme App (which is just the latest version of WP, WC and Basel installed. No extra plugins)

To update themes and plugins I use “Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades”.

2. Test App (clone of the main app where I test updates and plugins)

I’ve been able to update Basel 3.8 to Basel 3.9 with the mentioned above plugin, however the new version brake the website:

– In the homepage, footer, main content and revolution slider disappear. I can only see the header and I do not have errors in console
    – In the shop page all content disappear. I can only see the header. No errors in console.
    – Blog and pages like about, are the only things that works.

All plugins are updated. I’ve also deactivated all the plugins that didn’t come with Basel package and problem it’s not solved.

3. Theme App (which is just the latest version of WP, WC and Basel installed. No extra plugins)

When I’ve tried to update Basel on a fresh new installation of Basel 3 and latest version of WP, has been impossible. I’ve received this error:

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists. …/public_html/wp-content/themes/basel/

Theme installation failed.

So I’ve tried to overwrite Basel folder with the new version, it was fine, but it doesn’t looks updated. In Theme Settings/General I can still see Basel 3.8.0

Fresh installation of Basel 3.9

I’ve then made a fresh installation of WordPress, WooCommerce and tried to directly install Basel 3.9 without pass through Basel 3.8

All was fine except for the Dummy Content. I’ve started “Base Import Data”. The process was completed but was impossible import Ajax: “Import AJAX problem. Please, try import data manually.”

Import demo version is impossible, you can’t select them. Maybe ’cause was impossible import Ajax.

I’ve assigned the homepage, since the menu is missing as well as the homepage. Home Base comes with a revolution slider, but the revolution slider is not displayed nor the rest of the homepage, exactly as it happens for 2. Test App, and this is a fresh installation of everything.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you are running an old version of the WooCommerce plugin you need to use the previous version of Basel – 3.8. Download the full package with all files and find basel_3.8.zip file there https://gyazo.com/9792e3bc28a618eba7d3b44758280b11
    Or you need to update WooCommerce to the latest 3.3 version. It is temporarily removed from wordpress.org but should be available soon.

Regards

Vansaren
    Participant

It is temporarily removed from wordpress.org but should be available soon.

And I think this is the problem. When I’ve tried to install Basel 3.9 I didn’t have any alert in WP informing about a new version of WooCommerce. I’m going to check on testing app. I’ll let you know.

However there’s still an old question for you, for which I never received an answer. I’ve purchased 6 products between scripts and themes on Themeforest, why is that Basel is the only one for which I never receive an email informing me about a new version?

Vansaren
    Participant

It doesn’t works anyway, actually now I can’t neither upload the new Basel.

This time your theme comes with a different zip file in which inside there’s a folder and 4 sub folder before get to the update which is zipped and unzipped.

If, I upload the zipped file basel.zip this is what I get:

Unpacking the package…
    Installing the plugin…
    The package could not be installed. No valid plugins were found.
    Plugin installation failed.

I also get this message from WooCommerce:

Your theme (Basel) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files. These files may need updating to ensure they are compatible with the current version of WooCommerce. You can see which files are affected from the system status page. If in doubt, check with the author of the theme.

Which I don’t know if will be automatically solved by installing 3.9 or if will require a manual installation.

I’ve tried to install a new app on my server, fresh installation of WordPress and WooCommerce unpdated to the last version.
    I’ve tried to upload directly Basel 3.9 and it worked, however is pointless since I can’t delete the whole marketplace in order to upadate to version 3.9

So I’ve deleted Basel 3.9, kept the last version of WordPress and WooCommerce and tried to upload Basel 3.8 which has been impossible, I’ve got this error:

Unpacking the package…
    Installing the theme…
    The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
    Theme installation failed.

which is obviously false since the basel.zip version 3.8 have a style.css inside, in fact just to be sure I’ve checked and in fact is there since the day in which I’ve downloaded it from Themeforest.

So, actually, how am I supposed to update to version 3.9?

Vansaren
    Participant

just in case, not on the Theme Test App, but on the App that I’m using for staging, so a clone of my official App, I’ve deactivated all the plugins that does not come with Basel nor with a fresh installation and still was impossible upload Basel 3.9 due the above error The package could not be installed. No valid plugins were found.
    Plugin installation failed.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We will release a quick update 3.9.1 that will remove WooCommerce outdated files notice and you will get a notification about it today. Sometimes, we don’t send update notification if it is not required to be installed and don’t have any critical fixes.

Regards

Vansaren
    Participant

Hi Artem,

3.9.1 is now installed on my cloned app for staging and so far so good. I’ve been able to install the theme and everything seems to be in place.

I’ve noticed only one difference from 3.8 that I would like to solve. Home page comes with a full screen rev slider.
    In 3.8 this was the first thing to be loaded. Now instead the browser (chrome) first load the text content in the block below the revolution slider, and then as soon as start to load the slider, the text block is moved down and the rev slider appear in full screen.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Actually, our theme doesn’t influent Revolution slider loading at all. It worked in the same way before the update as well. We didn’t change anything.

Regards

Vansaren
    Participant

May have changed nothing, but I have Basel 3.8 installed on the main app, and Basel 3.9.1 installed on a clone version of the main app and a part the WC version, everything is the same.

However with Basel 3.9.1 the Revolution slider load after the rest of the text content of the homepage and, the shop is slow in a pretty hard miserable way.

This is the link to my speed review of Basel 3.8
    https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/basel-review-speed-test-plugins-compatibility-for-a-multi-vendor-scenario/

This is the result that I have on the main app with Basel 3.8:

Grade A 92
    Load Time 1.50s
    Faster than 80% of tested sites
    Page Size 6.1MB
    Requests 157

This is the result that I have on the cloned main app with Basel 3.9.1:

Grade A 90
    Load Time: 10.70
    Faster than 12% of tested sites
    Page Size 6.5MB
    Requests 132

These app are identical, it’s clear that something going wrong with Basel 3.9.1 and I don’t wanna neither test the shop page because I don’t wanna scream.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please, install both 3.8 and 3.9.1 versions of the theme on your clone app (just make two different folders names) and provide us your admin access so we can check this website with GTmetrix for both versions.

Kind Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)